1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Something that's been bugging me for ages.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Elemeninki, Sep 5, 2008.

1. I just can't figure out how to get a tone like, for example, this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R3cXSNFeN9k

Apparently that's Warwick Infinity-->Sansamp Rackmount Bass Driver-->Warwick Pro Tube-->Warwick 4x10 pros.

So I thought maybe getting something like the Sansamp Bass driver would help( programmable, not rackmount.)

Someone who owned one said that the overdrive on it could be compared to Chris Squire's tone. I don't know which song he was talking about, but I thought of Roundabout. The tone for these two things are quite similair ( or at least in the vein of what i'm aiming for).

But, after hearing clips of what the Bass Driver sounds like, it doesn't really sound the same.

In short, what's going to get me a nice growly tone like the clip I posted?

Thanks for any help.

2. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    the sansamp is ridiculously diverse as far as the sounds you can get out of it. it can easily do that sound. it would just take a while of playing with the controls to nail it. best thing to do is try one out at a store for an hour or two.

3. Thanks for the tip, but the shops I go to don't stock them unfortuneately. But the guy who I was talking to about this did work in the shop and said he'll bring it in for me to try sometime, so I geuss i'll just make do with that.

4. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    yeah give it a shot. let me know if you find the sound your lookin for

5. Will do. Won't be any time soon though. I've also gotta make up the £260 quid to pay for it.:meh:

6. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    i see an ampeg rig there.....