Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Something that's been mentioned before

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by dustytelephone, May 19, 2005.

1. dustytelephone

dustytelephone

May 17, 2005
    Hey people,
    I's new here. I've introduced myself on the misc forum. Anyway, i was reading a post from aaagggeeeessss ago about why girls find bassists sexy. I am one of those girls (that's not the main reason as to why i play bass though, although basses are extremely sexy, lol). There are a few reasons as to why i think bassists are hot. (You'll notice that some of it's directed at guitarists, lol). By the way, you'll all think i'm some psycho bitch with a strange bass fetish by the time you've read this. It's just a harmless love of a musician.

1. They don't play guitar
    2. They don't think they're sexy
    3. They tend to be the mysterious type
    4. Playing into an amp is the hottest thing a bassist can do coz they look like they're concentrating (bass also requirers skill, not just guitar)
    5. They don't need to have a solo to be impressive like a guitarist does but when it happens it's something to remember
    6. They don't hog the lime light but the stereotypical ones get the groupies
    7. They're not overated
    8. They're oblivious to the fact that a bass is like a sex toy (it really is)
    9. They only need 4 strings to sound good but can have more if they choose to.
    10. A bass goes bbbbuuuuuuuummmmmmmm, lol

If there are any girls on here that like bassists then i'd like to know you're views. Are there any guys who think girl bassists are hot?

2. dustytelephone

dustytelephone

May 17, 2005
    lol, i knew i'd ge that from someone.

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I think you've got gender issues lol and are trying to get a rise out us idiots here that might really think you're a girl lol who's hot for bassists. at least change the "male" in your profile to "female", lol.

4. dustytelephone

dustytelephone

May 17, 2005
    Lol, i didn't realise it said that in my profile. Infact, i've not filled my profile in yet coz i couldn't be bothered at the time and it's set to male by default.

5. there are more "lol's" in this thread then on the britney spears fan page
    damn teenagers

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
  7. Link

Link

Jul 6, 2002
    Latrobe, PA
    silent method's observation is probably correct...

to avoid the "Lols" I suppose some of your points are correct, I'm a female bassist and currently date a bassist... [well, actually to think it's the third bassist i've dated in a row- "third ones the charm" aye? haha]

all in all, bassists tend to be a little more low-key, but can be some of the most wonderful people you'll meet [personality, sense of humor, etc, ] and they don't always expect everyone to jump all over them, [um, I suppose they lack the gene that creates the over-all "I am god" kharma that seems to follow some drummers and guitarists around... and singers... I suppose] There are exceptions and you'll find some bassists who have their head stuck up their arse constantly, but from my experience they tend to double drumming and/or guitar, so I suppose the potential is there... That and I think bassists over all hold an understanding of how important the bass line [which many people don't make note of at first] is... but they don't exactly go around trying to drown out the rest, they strain for balance and unity... well, most times... ;)

and I do believe at this point I've managed to confuse myself...

8. wow now only if we had some girls like this where I live...wow i'd be in heaven

9. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    We are totally sexy, we are so sexy that we don't even have to show that we're sexy. Now guitarists, the are so unsexy that they have to act really sexy to even register on the sexy scale. But not us because we're so sexy :hyper:

Seriously though, most girls I know think bass is way hotter than other instruments. Most girls are quick to point out how agile our fingers are, others point out how much sexier it is to watch the bassist just groove while everyone else is head-banging and jumping around.

10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    My best friend has an umistakable attraction to bassists -- her boyfriend of over six months plays, too. It's a kind of bizarre coincidence that the hottest guy in the band, in her opinion, is always the bassist...before she even knows what he plays. Strange, ne?

11. dustytelephone

dustytelephone

May 17, 2005
    Same as me. I don't deliberatly say the bassist is the hottest just coz he plays bass. It's pure coincidence. My ex's are all bassists but they just seem to be more attractive as people, the bass just makes them sexier. I didn't realise the whole 'lol' thing until it was mentioned. Anyway, that was my first post apart from my intro. I was in a weird mood at the time. I look forward to talking about actual bass playing in the future.

12. lefty

lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    "what`s wrong with being sexy?- sexist, sexist!!"

13. Not surprising at all. Its not the bass that makes us sexy. Its our sexiness that makes us choose bass. Need proof?

How sexy is a guitar player that switches to bass compared to a native bass player. And how good a bass player are they? Answer: They're not and they suck.

QED
    Randy

14. As much as i love the bass, just by experience i have dated more guitarists, and singers. (well more like a singer, and two guitarists) Maybe i just like the big ego? :p

i should add that recently i have thought that the bassist from the killers is incredibly good looking. I can always fantasize!

15. gforce

gforce

Apr 30, 2005
    yes for the most part chicks that play basses seem to be confident,smart and sexy.Tonight I was watching Auston City Limits and Sherial Crow was laying down the bass line on a vintage Guild 4 string in severial of the songs.Need I say more? :cool:

16. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Chicks dig low frequencies.

17. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    HAHAHAHAHA
    oy, that's good, now i got a stomach cramp

18. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    The confidence with the instrument thing is a big part. There are a lot of hot girls who play bass, but don't really look confident/comfortable with the instrument, and they aren't too attractive, IMO. But when you get someone like Rhonda Smith, who is not only totally hot, but rocks the bass harder than just about anyone I know and makes it look like another curvaceious part of her body. That kind of confidence/capability with the instrument is totally hot.

19. LittleJaco

LittleJaco

Nov 4, 2004
    amen to that, i wish more girls were like that. i sit at gigs watching my guitarist scoop up all of the women. grrrr