1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Something to get excited about if you are Warwick/311/P-Nut fan

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shaft311, Apr 13, 2010.

1. shaft311

shaft311 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    From P-nut:

"warwick and I are planning the release of a more afforable version of my signature series basses...at namm they were saying they should be out in the fall, but, I haven't heard since, so who knows "

"it won't be a rock bass and we're talking about it being in the neighborhood of about a grand to purchase"

This is awesome news if like me you wanted one of the P-Nut signature series basses from Warwick but lacked the several thousand dollar budget to be able to do so.

I'll be watching to see which pickups and what kind of wood is used etc. I imagine at $1k vs what the other P-Nut basses cost, there will be a lack of features like the detuner and the pickups may not be as good, but it will still be a Warwick with P-Nut's influence.

Post any other tidbids you've heard about this bass in here :ninja:

2. That's pretty cool. I'm a huge 311 fan and this is good news for P-Nut and Warwick fans who want to pick up a signature bass.

Why can't Warwick do a Rock Bass signature like Squier does a Wentz? The <$300 P-Nut signature can have a little spliff or bong logo somewhere on the body and the 12th fret. ;)

3. Morning Beer

Morning Beer

Oct 2, 2009
    Cleveland
    This could be interesting. Thats one of the wicks i've ever liked.

4. Tonegasm

Tonegasm

Mar 22, 2010
    NJ
    Color me interested.

5. chondro776

chondro776

Mar 6, 2008
    Yum.

I don't even consider Basses over 2k to be real (relative to my finances).

I would rather see pot leaf fret markers or quarter notes (their first album entitled 'Music' and all....)

But, is seems to me that fret board inlays will be among the first things to be jettisoned as they try to reduce costs.

It would be rad if (at least the top) were Zebra wood. Though, I have heard him discuss Purpleheart fondly in the past.

6. shaft311

shaft311 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    I talked to a Warwick rep at NAMM today. He told me there are some prototypes already, and that there is a lot of work going on getting/approving samples of materials and basses, etc. It would be in the $1000-$1500 range and would most likely be introduced at the January NAMM show.

7. Def. Subscribed!!!