1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Something to plug my BG and my EUB into.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 6stringbassist, Apr 10, 2009.

1. 6stringbassist

6stringbassist

Jul 9, 2007
    UK.
    As the title says I'm after something to plug my BG and my EUB into, so I don't have to unplug one from my amp, to plug the other in. Something that won't affect my sound.

My amp is a single channel Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section !

Thanks.

2. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    This will likely be moved to the "Effects" or "Misc" forums, but if you have no volume issues and just need a box to switch bass inputs, a simple A/B splitter box 'aught to do the trick. However, if there's impedance issues between your EUB electric upright and electric bass, you might have to spring for a more expensive "Direct Box" that's basically a mini-mixer you can plug multiple instruments into, balance gain issues, and gives you multiple in-and-outputs among many other things.

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    A simple A/B box is what you're looking for.

I'd put this in either effects or amps.

4. dakpluto

dakpluto

Oct 14, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    I use a PreSonus TubePre to deal with my impedance issues.

Signal chains go like this:

Ergo EUB --- TubePre --- A/B --- AMP

Electric Bass --- effects ---^

Allows me to keep the volume even between the two, and keep the amp itself pretty much free of any EQing. I keep my amp as clear as possible for the upright, and use the effects portion to EQ the electric.

5. ReBass

ReBass Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    I've used a Radial Bassbone to great effect. Like an A/B box, but with preamp and effects loop. Works very slick.