Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Something to ponder about the ladies

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cassanova, Mar 15, 2005.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    So my ex keeps callin me despite me just hangin up on her the second I know its her. Funny thing is, when I was tryin to get her back, she basically acted short, very moody, and was quite distant. Now that I'm hangin up on her and blowing her off she calls more than ever and tells me evil crap like she wants me back blah blah blah.

In the course of conversation with 2 of my friends here I asked the question: Why is it when you want them they dont want you, but when you diss them and show no interest in them, they want you? :confused:

I just doesnt add up.

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    much better user description...........
    anyhow, who knows???? :meh:

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Cass, you're right. Lots of things about relationships make little sense. Especially in the context of the chase.

It would help to know the particulars before drawing any helpful conclusion. But in a basic way, people like to be liked, and most people want to be wanted. The Seinfeld episode where the initiator of the break-up seemingly holds the power makes us laugh, it does have a ring of truth to it.

Self-esteem is a funny thing at times. Only with age do some folks realize they don't need an Ex's (or anyone else's) approval to get on with their lives. It takes some time to realize that we aren't going to see eye-to-eye with alot of the world, but we still have to function and find purpose here.

But in this case, "you gotta witness". I've been down this road before. It'd be fun to play it for a minute, just to experience it again, but it isn't fun to tell someone (whether they think they want you or not) to get lost.

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Block her number Cass, you know where its taken you in the past :)

5. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Unfortunately, it seems to be the way the world of males and females works.

Add other mitigating and situational circumstances, you get the unconventional warfare of the female psyche.

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida

This isn't about me and the ex. I'm not blocking her number either. I don't get mad when she calls, I just hang up. Its a non issue to me.

But her actions made me stop and think. This isnt the first time that I've noticed this behavior in woman.

I know pleanty of other guys that its happend to, and there are a few gals in my classes that I've heard say something along the lines of: "so and so is interested in me, calls me, but I dont wanna go out with him." Two weeks later I'll hear the same gal say something like "He stopped calling me, I tried to call him and he wont talk to me now and its driving me crazy."

Its just plain stupid IMO.

7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    All Women suck!!!

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    do 1 better... call her back all the time and hang up as well... she will love it... trust me...

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Too true.

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, this is a sign of a shallow, manipulative woman. Do what you've been doing. Ignore her. She'll get the idea. BTW, IM me sometime, cass. Haven't talked to you in a bit.

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    is this the same one you were gonna marry and her mom hid her in the basement and tied her up to a water heater?

or something?

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    There are women who don't act like that.

13. ummm, did you not notice that YOUR attitude is vacillating in exactly the same way?

First she blows you off, then she wants you.
    First you want her, then you blow her off.

Maybe she thinks YOU'RE the crazy one. Maybe she thinks YOU'RE playing games.

It's just bad timing, it's desires out of synch. This is not a good foundation for generalizing about "the female psyche" or any such nonsense.

14. Three litle words

I AM GAY

Best of luck

15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Mark it in the books folks....we completely agree.

Also cass, if it were non-issue, I doubt you'd be making threads about it. Moral of the story is, people always want what they can't have. This applies to both men and women.

On a parting thought, the only thing worse than being a doormat, is to let the person know they can get away with it.

Block her number, and be done with it.

16. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

+1

17. sargentpilcher

sargentpilcher

Feb 21, 2005
    It's because girls like jerks. At least at the high school age they do. Girls love bad boys. Another factor is that they want what they cant have. When they cant have you they want you, when you started calling her back and she realized she could have you, it made her want you less.

What do girls call nice guys?......... Friends. Belive me I know from experience, Unfortunately for me, I'm nice.

18. via satellite

via satellite

Sep 16, 2003
    They aren't all like that. Just the ones who are trolling for a relationship that validates their feelings that they can get whatever they want.

Keep hanging up on her!

19. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    First off.

But Im sure everyone realizes that.

Now I just want to state that its just that a lot of women love attention. Im willing to say that most do, and its probably mainly because of the way they are brought up and treated most of their lives, from childhood, through adulthood.

Guys chase after and glorify women whether its daddy's little princess, or that really hot girl from work and when that attention stops they notice.

No big deal though. You've got it under control.

20. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas

:D :D :D :D That should do it :D :D :D :D