Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Something to Strengthen MY Thuping Hand?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by TravellinMan, Apr 26, 2003.

1. TravellinMan

TravellinMan

Jan 11, 2003
    NW Indiana
    Is their anything out their that I can get to strengthen my thumping hand, I was involved in a accident 3 years ago and lost the tip of my index finger and I don't feel my hand is as strong as it should be!

Any Suggestions?

Thanks
    TravellinMan

2. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    www.twanger.com

ive never used one, but it looks like it might help. Other than that, just practice a lot, maybe mute the strings, and only pluck.

3. That whole losing the tip of the index finger thing is no fun. My brother took off about a cm of my index in a window, but luckily it was on my left hand so it doesnt effect me too much when Im playing. On the making your hand stronger, I would suggest playing more. I think that the finger and hand excersises things are worthless if you want practice agility play something that requires alot of moving around (like Bach's 1st Cello suite) and if you want to practice endurance play quickly for a long time. If you want to increase in your tumping hand, thump a lot.

4. TravellinMan

TravellinMan

Jan 11, 2003
    NW Indiana
    Thanks Guys, I apreciate it!

Take Care
    TravellinMan

5. I use drumming techniques like Parradiddles(RLRR LRLL) that will really strenghen up the forearm and wrists.