1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

something un-usual !

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by zarigunn, May 16, 2011.

1. zarigunn

zarigunn

Sep 14, 2009
    Belgium
    hello,
    questioning myself how to get this sound ;

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8KER3b7FUo&NR=1

thinking of octaver, phaser end a fuzz.
    but I 'm not advanced enough to know it for sure and don 't want to spent 500$ on pedals i don 't need.

ty for helping me out !

2. GHI

GHI

May 27, 2008
    Norway
    err.. bad link.

As far as I can hear there is no phasing on the bass in that clip. You will have better luck with a lowpass/envelope filter instead. There are alot of different ways to pull of such sounds all ranging from cheap to very expensive. Do a search on "dubstep wobble" and I'm sure you will find alot of information and suggestions on how to achieve them.

3. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Netherlands
    Sounds to me like a synth. I also do not hear a phaser. You might get close with the following:

- tremolo set to a lopsided triangle. (like /|/|/|/| instead of /\/\/\/\/).
    - some sort of pitch shifter set to an octave down. Boss oc-2 with the straight signal cut out might do the trick.
    - some sort of drive, but not a heavy one.

4. zarigunn

zarigunn

Sep 14, 2009
    Belgium
    sT drogo, do you thing that a
    oc-2 => muffisch fuzz (low sustain) or some drive
    (tell me one if you know a better drive to do this) => ehx stereo pulsar ?

5. zarigunn

zarigunn

Sep 14, 2009
    Belgium
    the song is =>

tocadisco -shine (extrawelt rmx)

6. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Netherlands
    I'd say you are not going to get that exact tone with a bassguitar, but you might get something in the ballpark. The pulsar i think has that lopsided triangle wave so might be a good choice. Just keep in mind though, that you are not going to get the little breakdowns where the rhythm of the tremolo-like effect seems to change. i'd say that's either programmed or perhaps some sort of envelope controlled effect.

Also, I'd use a different dirt pedal than a muff. I'd say more of a light overdrive than a fuzz. Something like maybe a rat or a sansamp bass driver set to low gain.

Anyway, half the fun is experimenting with effects to find certain sound you like. So allez. Experiment :D

7. zarigunn

zarigunn

Sep 14, 2009
    Belgium
    maybe a tech 21 XXXL bass ?