Something weird with Warrior factory?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pedulla-2007, Oct 13, 2021 at 11:59 AM.

1. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    warrior Fender style.jpeg

That's a very unusual looking Warrior. I haven't seen one that looks that Fenderish (is that a word? :)).
    And the end of the fingerboard is a bit unusual too.

2. ardgedee

ardgedee

May 13, 2018
    Can you provide photos from headstock to tail?

InnerCityBass and BBQisgood like this.
  3. The end of the fingerboard is very distinctive & they’d remember that I expect.

Rabidhamster and Joe BassPlayer like this.
  4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Just go to Guitar Center they'll give you a fair appraisal and you get 10% of any new items if you trade ;)

5. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    C3895B2D-B4CD-45D2-933C-78B97DF9428B.jpeg View attachment 4437116
    I took it in a trade Dr., the pickup routing is clean, and the strings were through the body. But their indecisiveness has me baffled. I guess my dealings with builders, Ken Smith, and Keith Roscoe had me spoiled. They were always glad to offer any information on their builds. Thanks for chiming in Dr.!

Joe BassPlayer likes this.
  6. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    the first one looked wacky until I saw it listed in the Classifieds here. The seller is still active on TB and may be able to answer your questions.
    TRADED - Warrior Jazz Bass, one of a kind, full jazz style body.

EDIT: and the buyer posted above!

EDIT 2: I AM ALL MIXED UP. That's YOUR bass. Sorry.

As far as the other, I have seen it in the classifieds too and with no disrespect to that seller it looks very fishy to me.

EDIT 3: THAT WAS ALSO YOUR BASS. I AM SORRY. I AM NOT TRYING TO BE A JERK.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021 at 6:48 PM
  7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Yes, that is a Warrior peghead. Maybe it is a Warrior neck on another body?

BBQisgood, Tanner5382 and shnapper like this.
  8. shnapper

shnapper

May 1, 2005
    716F3444-3C31-4475-A13A-F5DFC9226391.jpeg

9. pedulla-2007

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    We have some savy Talkbass members, and I was trying to sell one of the basses. There was an insinuation that I was misrepresenting a bass that I believed was a signature bass. Naturally I was surprised when I found out different, when Warrior couldn’t remember the build. They didn’t say they definitely didn’t build it, they said they couldn’t remember the build. If the person I bought the bass from, had given me total disclosure, I would have listed it differently. You seem like an intelligent person, I hope you can understand?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021 at 5:36 PM
    BBQisgood likes this.
  10. pedulla-2007

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    The first bass, my question was of the validity of it being a signature bass. The second bass I wanted a general idea of its value. If you go to the Warrior website, their cheapest bass is a “Messenger” at around 2,700. Even though my basses were older, I had priced them aroung 1699.00 which I felt was a more than gracious price for a quick sale. On multiple ocassions both Ken Smith and Keith Roscoe provided me with written provenance, and value, in the form of an email for insurance purposes, in case of fire or theft for replacement . Warrior was not capable of this courtesy.

Joe BassPlayer likes this.
  11. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    I say this with no disrespect intended: the two basses you have listed did not/do not look like any Warrior instruments I have seen, and this may be why Warrior did not have records of having built them. Especially as one was listed as having been built for a member of Parliament/Funkadelic for the 100th NAMM show, I find it unlikely that they would not have a record of at least that one being built.

Nuage420, InnerCityBass and BBQisgood like this.
  12. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I’m confused as to why you think they definitely have records from a build over 20 years ago.
    Maybe they’re not giving information because they have no information to give?

BBQisgood likes this.
  13. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Sorry, I think asking for an appraisal of a 20-year-old bass from the original builder is a bit much. Not their job.

14. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Not a big deal but Warrior’s don’t have that Sadowsky style string tree. Someone drilled two holes and installed it. The 1st pic sure looks like a Warmoth body. But maybe Warrior sourced it back in the day. I doubt it though.

InnerCityBass and BBQisgood like this.
  15. shnapper

shnapper

May 1, 2005
    Not sure why folks on here are thinking a builder shouldn’t, couldn’t, can’t or not at least identify there own product after 20 years if someone at the company still remains after 2 decades.

Hopefully it gets sorted out regardless of authenticity it’s important from a “classifieds” point of view. There’s a ton of basses for sale, trade, sell or trade and who knows what is what….

Obese Chess, Nuage420 and Lackey like this.
  16. Ihaveshingles

Ihaveshingles

Dec 24, 2018
    I thought it was MTD lol

17. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Lol
    That’s a first!
    I’ve never played for a music director that even knew what a Ken Smith bass was!

18. BBQisgood

BBQisgood

Feb 24, 2016
    I cannot recall Warrior making a body of that style in that vintage.

19. pedulla-2007

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    This was an all black member church. The original bass player, played all over the world. He played a Smith and the director loved the way they fit in the mix. He and I worked together at GM, and he always invited me to his church. I went and bought a KS and failed miserably. Just wasn’t soulful enough. Each service was like a concert. When you get a chance check out Fred Hammond’s “Radical for Christ” youtube video.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 2:17 AM
    Joe BassPlayer and Dr. Cheese like this.
  20. pedulla-2007

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    D44BEF6D-66ED-4873-87CA-4EBCE0F50C01.jpeg
    I had never seen the body style before either. But I had sold all my MM’s and love the jazz bass body style. All they said was to send it to them, that it had been modified.

BBQisgood likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 19, 2021