Something Wrong With My Strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by MerryPrankster, Feb 14, 2004.

1. I am getting worried. I recieved my Corelli 370F G & D , and Helicore orch. med. They have been incredibly terrible so far. The Corellis are horribly scratchy , thin and just painful to hear myself sound so bad. The helicores are a little muddy ; but that I dont mind. The issue with them is the bow response , or lack their of. The obligatos grabbed better. I have tried little rosin , lots ; Hard rosin , medium , soft , ;I tried fiddling with the bridge , etc.,. No Dice...They sound good for jazz so i will hold onto them for that....but i cant afford to spend 100$ on new Ob's (borrowed previous set for trial). :help: :bawl:

2. Seems you didn't find your ideal string set yet!
    Welcome to the club!
    I'm experimenting with strings since 20 years, so don't worry! :)
    As a serious advice:
    Get you teacher to play your bass and see what he/she thinks.

3. Excellant Point and I was planning on just that. However when I say bad I do not mean "not quite right". I mean incredibly terrible. It was horrible beyond compare.

4. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    SWITZERLAND
    As ridiculous as this may sound , last year i almost got a nervous breakdown because of the bass, different strings, pickups, amps, speakers, I WAS GOIN' NUTS, i was trying and playing everything and nothing really made me happy, then , i had a time which i just play acoustic, no pickup, no amp, and i started to calm down, now, i got a job playing with a loud blues band and everything starts again...... :crying:

5. I know what you mean, Not only do i have to replace these failures , I need solo gauge strings..... :bawl: