Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Something's wrong here...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sheep Man, Apr 4, 2002.

1. I was reading the Chinese paper with my Chinese tutor earlier today, and...look at what I found!
    Can you spot what's wrong in the picture? :D

[​IMG]

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    His left hand technique.

And stickers are plain wrong, too. :p

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Strap's too long, playing acoustically?!! I think we have a case of blatant miming syndrome! ;)

4. :D

I wouldn't say the strap is too long, but yeah, it might help if he plugged it in.

5. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I thought a weird picture with a wav of someone screaming was going to pop into sight so I didn't look at it.

6. and why is he holding a studio-mike like that ? those stablisers are way expensive.. :eek:

7. me too, I think I'm traumatized forever. whenever I hear the phrase "what's wrong with this picture?" I have flashbacks.:(

8. LowEndRider

LowEndRider Guest

Mar 4, 2002
    Australia
    He's singing through the top of a studio Neumann copy mike with gold sputtered 1" diapraghm hypercardioid mike 90 degrees off phase.........................just a guess?

9. There may be a wireless unit in the bass, it looks like there may e a little antenna there.
    I forget the model but I saw one at Mars Music that looked like a Pocket Rocket but with an anenna.

Other than that I would say the bright red shirt with a cream colored jazz bass.

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

There is the epitome of poseur. A Jazz Bass that isn't plugged in, and a guy cradling an expensive studio mike like it's one of those Shure 55SH models.:rolleyes:

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, other than the bass not being plugged in, if one were to hold a large diaphram condenser mic by the shock mount like that all you'd get through the mic was -THUMP-THUMP-THUMP- as you moved your hand.

12. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I think the question is can you spot what's right with this picture...

The way he's handling the mic is totally bugging me.

13. No, no, no. I know that guy that's singing; he's not Chinese, he's Irish. :D

Betcha didn't know that.

That's a pretty good mask though, wouldn't you say?

Mike J. (wait 'till I take my mask off :rolleyes:)

14. Hey, on that last post, I wanted a rolleyes face, but got a smiley. I guess there's something wrong.

Mike J.

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If you put a close parentheses after a colon, it will override the first part of your smiley code.

16. Eh?
    I don't see anything that remotely resembles an antenna in the picture...
    Could you point it out for me? :p

17. Eh maybe it is just one of the stickers near the jack.

18. jchikhale

jchikhale

Feb 25, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    um... i think that guys bass isnt hooked up to an amp. i dont know about you guys, but my bass needs to be amplified.
    maybe they build 'em different in china...

19. Dude.. it's a jazzbass.. the jack is on the iron controll plate, facing straight forward.. :)

b.t.w. is it just me, or does that singer have a Jerry Springer-type nose ? :D :rolleyes:

20. Wow I have to get off the pipe.
    I was thinking the sticker to the left of the plate was a jack.

Guess I should take my Jazz bass back from my friends house.