Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Somethings Wrong.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by cassanova, May 26, 2003.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I went to play my bass today and have no sound comming out of my amp. It was working fine yesterday and in the wee hours of the morning. Now 12 hours later Im getting no sound from it at all.

The things Ive done so far to try and figure out where the problem is are:

1. Took 2 different chords and tried them
    2. Unplugged chords from the bass to the amp to see if I had any signal. I did. (it also seemed a bit weak compared to how noisey and harsh it should have)
    4. Tried running it straight into my tuner to see if it was the amp, but the tuner didnt respond.
    3. New battery.

Other than the input jack, I dont know where to look to try and find out whats causing this problem.

The sooner I can get any answers to what it could be the better. I have an audition in a matter of days and cant learn the songs or do the audition without a bass. So thanks very much in advance.

2. do u kwno if it is the bass
    . probly dumb ? did u change the 9v

3. Try your bass in passive mode.

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    86 this whole thread fella's. I just tried yet another battery and now the bass is working just fine.

BTW, My bass doesnt have passive mode or Id have thought to do that. ;)

5. Aah, that's what I thought. :D