1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sometimes going to the music store can be a bad, BAD idea

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Holy War, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    Just went in to my local shop to pick up an EHX BBM. Well, while I was there I happened to notice some new "toys" in the bass department.

They had nice brand new and shiny Mesa/Boogie 2x15 sitting there with a VERY reasonable price tag on it, which got me thinking, self, how would a 2x15 sound next to my PH 1000 (4x10 1x15) :bassist:?

There is no reason in the world why I should ad this cab to my rig, but man do I have GAS now. Completely uneeded GAS, but alas, the wheels in my head are a spinnin.

Lesson learned in this case: Even when you think all GAS is gone, it is always lurking deep down inside, burning a firey light of desire waiting to ignite at a moments notice.

Oh my troublesome woes...

2. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    happened to me last time i went to GC to kill some time. fell in love with about 5k worth of gear. walked out empty handed with a serious case of GAS

3. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Ya know, if you don't relieve GAS, it can cause serious damage to your innards...

4. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    I think lugging a 2x15 and my PH1000 around can cause serious damage to my innards haha

5. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Evansville
    Signing up for "newsletters" from online retailers is bad for me .

I love blowout deals.

Usually I waffle so long the offer ends before I get a chance.

I stay out of a few stores here in town .:D This store has the nice Fenders , Gibby's, they usually stock one thunderbird, , Music mans, Tobias etc...http://www.opus1music.com/

The local GC has few items I want and most of the nice stuff 12 feet off the floor . You ask to try it and the pestering starts.

6. kugelspot

kugelspot

Jun 8, 2009
    On a similar note, if anyone here lives in the Bay Area, DO NOT under ANY circumstances set foot in Real Guitars unless you have a lot of money to blow, because you'll either end up buying some really awesome old rare bass, or depressed that you can't afford it. Last time I went in there, I could not stop playing this custom fretless jazz copy. I just sat there playing it for like 30 minutes, and only put when got annoyed at me sitting there playing the thing when I obviously couldn't afford it and they told me to stop.

7. ShortBus

ShortBus

Oct 29, 2009
    Indiana
    Our whole band loaded up into a car on saturday afternoon after we shook off our halloween party gig hangovers and went to see It Might Get Loud http://www.sonyclassics.com/itmightgetloud/

We then went to GC to get some strings and such. DO NOT DO THIS.

8. Heh. Just in time for the end of GC's Halloween sale, eh?