1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sometimes I HATE winter

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ric426, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Well, I feel your pain (from the original post). I got a Sadowsky in late December. It was hell waiting for awhile to open the case. But oh so worth it when I finally did!

2. I live in Canada, there is a reason that I want to move to Mexico.

lowsound

3. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    aahhh my Mexico Bonito... viva Cancun !... wait what I am doing in Holland Mi. :help:

4. canshaker

canshaker

Dec 15, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown/ESP/Dunlop/Line 6/Normandy.
    I read that as I'm playing my bass while sitting on my patio, in shorts and a t-shirt. I'm trying to decide if I want to drive 10 minutes to the beach and surf, or drive 90 minutes to go snowboarding. We have the "wonderful white stuff" too. It only takes us an hour and a half to drive to it.
    ...which is, I believe, how long it takes YOU to drive in your white stuff just to get the things in life to survive!
    :D:D

5. I am actually probably moving to Mexico for all of next winter.

lowsound

6. :D i actually kinda dig that look on well worn high gloss finishes

but i hate winter for different reasons. riding a bike in below freezing temperatures sucks...especially when it jumps from ~25* to 60* in the course of a day

7. eotpr

eotpr

Jun 25, 2007
    The airport here had over 67" of the stuff since December. I get at least 30% more than the airport. I bought a snowblower instead of a bass. It is warming up. It is supposed to get to 57F Saturday before more snow on Sunday.

8. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Hey, that's a Michigan joke!

Here's something those guys in warm climates can't do. On a day when it's really cold, like single digits or lower, take a cup of boiling hot water and throw it up in the air. It's really cool!

If that question is for me, I live in Highland, south of Flint. We don't the serious winter weather that you get in the U.P., but it's still something to cope with. My son went to MTU in Houghton, so we heard a lot about the U.P. winters.
    I decided a long time ago to not fight the winter, because it's gonna come regardless and hating it was just making it worse for myself. Still, when the cold keeps me from playing a new bass, that's going to far!!! :eyebrow:

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I guess I should be glad that I don't have to deal with terrible winters here!

10. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    Where I live, brazilian northeast coast the "coldest" days of the year are like 72F, the hottest are 95F. Talk about a stable weather.

11. Mr. Black

Mr. Black

Oct 23, 2007
    Portland, TX
    That's what I'm talkin' about :hyper:.....

:D

12. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    LOL!!! :cool:

I'm missing that right now!! Moved right after Christmas this year and freezing my nards off!! :help:

13. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    +1000

I hate out winters too, because it's like 2 months of sporadically cold weather. Then 10 months of nothing but heat...

Cold weather = win, IMO

14. :mad:

Doing gigs in the winter, thought the bass doesn't get freezing cold, it is cold enough that I let it sit indoors for about an hour---just to be safe.

15. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007
    Aww, no love for the icy cold season called winter? :(

I live in Chicago, it's like Siberia in the South and I love it. Heh, I could understand why you hate it over potholes and getting a new bass in the mail while you're eager to open up the case and play it, BUT you have to wait :p:ninja::mad:

Aside from that. I like winter, it's awesome. I'm into the whole winter scene with tons of snow. I used to be a beach boy, that'll never be me again. :cool:
    I enjoy negative degree weather for some reason :smug:

16. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    Michigan huh ?

i left that hellhole about 6 years ago & have never looked back.

was 72 here today, ( 20 miles N of San Francisco ) buds on the trees are popping everywhere, everything is GREEN,,, virtually no humidity in the summer, close to the ocean so it cools down nice at night in the hot part of the summer, ( 90's,, i think i turned on my AC like twice for a couple of hours last summer haha )( also, i think i turned my heater on like once so far in my car this winter,, my GF was chilly,,, ) :D

yep,, **** Michigan,, i lived in the quote " SNOWBELT " Kalamazoo,,, hard times,,, chronic unemployment,,, yep,, **** that place

( whew,, i'm feeling much better now, TY ) :)

17. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    i ve been living in Michigan three years I am from Mexico: cold beer, frozen margaritas, girls wearing minis, beach, mariachis, party, soccer .... I WANT SUNLIGHT AND I WANT IT NOW

18. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    just hang in there a few more months,,, i'm sure it will shine again,,,, sometime... ( maybe about june ) lol :D

19. You guys complain WAAAYYYY too much. "Oh noes 65 degrees!" Pansies. Don't come to Canada. Ever.

:bag:

20. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    It was 65ยบ here today and tommorow it's going to be.....snow storm.