1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sometimes I HATE winter

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ric426, Feb 28, 2008.

1. canshaker

canshaker

Dec 15, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown/ESP/Dunlop/Line 6/Normandy.
    What's a "Canada"?
    :D

2. Flintc

Flintc

Aug 15, 2006
    Alabama
    Reading through this thread, you'd almost think we were trees, fated to live where we got planted with no hope of being relocated. But we are not. As soon as I was old enough, I left the Frozen North (where my parents lived on purpose, believe it or not!) and moved 1000 miles south. If I move again, it will surely be to an even warmer climate than Alabama offers.

The way I see it, if you hate the climate where you live, MOVE. If you don't move, shut up.

3. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    +1
    And if you're just whining about not being able to play your bass (like I was :rolleyes:), get back to work like you're supposed to and wait an hour. The bass is great and I'm fine with winter again, though I *will* be glad when I can ride my bike again.

However, I still don't understand how people who have lived in snowy climates for years can forget how to drive every time it snows... :rollno::scowl:

4. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    HUGE +1 :cool:

that's exactly what i did

sold everything i owned, what i couldn't sell, i gave away,, what i couldn't give away,,, i threw away,, ( which was a very enlightening experience in itself, ( pun intended :) ) ),, & picked my little happy ass up & left that hellhole called michigan,,, hopped on a flight to San Francisco,, jumped on a bus & took it to San Rafael ,, got off,, & got a room in a little motel,, scored a very decent paying job in less that 2 weeks,, got a car,, apartment,, & again all the crap to literally fill the apt up,, :)

so,, it can be done,,, if you complain about where you are,, LEAVE

as Dr Seuss says,, Oh The Places You'll Go

5. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    oh & i forgot to add that i was 40 at the time of my above adventure... :cool:

6. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    I'm moving 3,000 miles to get to California in two years. It is my only salvation. :(

7. reverb508

reverb508

Jan 6, 2008
    You're obviously not talking about Newport, Rhode Island. Unless your one of those "polar bear" people.