Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sometimes ya just gotta laugh at people..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LoJoe, May 3, 2004.

1. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    :D You silly Texans...

Passegers tip boat trying to see nudists

AUSTIN, Texas - Partygoers apparently hoping to catch a glimpse of nude sunbathers crowded on one side of a floating barge, prompting the ship to capsize and dump all 60 people into Lake Travis.

Two people were hospitalized with minor injuries Sunday after the rented double-decker barge sank near Hippie Hollow, a lakeside park and the only public nude beach in Texas.
    The accident occurred during Splash Day, a semiannual event hosted at the clothing-optional area by the Austin Tavern Guild, a gay and lesbian bar association.
    Witnesses said that all of the people aboard the barge moved to one side as it neared Hippie Hollow, creating uneven distribution and making it tilt. It sank in 50-foot-deep water.
    Krista Umscheid, a spokeswoman for the Lower Colorado River Authority, said that although everyone aboard was accounted for, Travis County sheriff's divers were checking compartments of the sunken pontoon boat as a precaution.

2. Lol..thats great.

3. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I would have done the same thing.

4. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Hey, don't look at me.....

I'm just a transplant :D

5. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Well, did they see anything good?

6. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Based on my extensive experience of ONE gig at a nudists party, I can tell you that even they saw something 'good', they didn't see anything good.

I wonder if any of the people from that party were at the beach that day. It's possible. The party was in Fort Worth area in '90 or '91. Austin is not that far away.

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Did you have to play nude?

8. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    NNNnnnnnnooooooo nononononono No naked Wayne.

But seriously, we weren't even told that it was going to be THAT kind of party. The people who owned the house obviously had serious money. The place was spectacular. The yard was huge and well landscaped with an enormous pool and an eight foot tall privacy fence(for fairly obvious reasons) We set up in a room bigger than my apartment at the time. The whole wall facing us was window, looking out on the back yard. At the time I was worrying about bad sound, with all that hard reflecting surface. As it turns out I had other things to worry about because soon after we started playing our audience started getting naked. They weren't traditional nudists, who are all about how nudity is a healthy lifestyle choice that has nothing to do with sex...etc. They were a swinger party and several of them 'mated' within view of the other partygoers. Now, to a hormonal young male, I am sure this sounds like a positive thing. If you think that, then you are wrong. There are people who should not be allowed to be seen naked and this party was apparently their yearly convention. Abut the only thing more uncomfortable than seeing homely strangers naked is seeing LOTS of homely strangers naked and some of them doing the nasty. :help:

We got payed extra for not freaking out and running away. And they were (several of them, anyway) really nice people. They were just totally boundary deficient

9. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Most people who like to be naked have no business being naked!

10. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Well, now I know why I haven't heard from
    NJL or secretdonkey for a while ...

:D

11. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    Ty,
    You can lose visitation rights with that kind of talk....

Actually, I've never seen a nude person at hippie hollow that made me happy I had seen them.

Not to put too fine a point on it but gravity is cruel to the human form.

Fo'

12. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    umm...... I.... er.... wouldn't have.........

13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    agreed

i have seen... err... documentaries... and those people are just plain disgusting to look at, but we have no business about complaining on lifestyles too :spit:

:)