1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

somthing i need to know from bela fleck

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Jan 5, 2002.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey guys i need to know what that horn is that the other dude on tour with them is playing? It is very small and sounds a bit like a flute! Its played straight out instead of on the side like a flute! Sounds like somthing that would be played in a irish song!???? Anyone know?

2. uh, a flute? :rolleyes: or maybe some sort of recorder. Just like basses, flutes come in all shapes and sizes. Also, could be a tin whistle. I'm not into Bela Fleck :eek: so I really I wouldn't know.

3. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I believe it's a penny whistle.

4. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey thanks i will search on penny whislte and see if that is it! I think it would sound great in one of our songs!

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    it's a penny whistle, i do believe...howard levy played penny whistle on some of their older tunes...

6. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Iam having a really hard time finding one thats not cheap plastic! And that is what it is a penny whislte! I love that sound its awsome! As soon as i get one i will see how hard it is to play! I played flute for several years in high school so hopefully its somthing like it! I know they are tuned to like b! So lets hope a bass player of 20 years can go that high huh! Thats for the help guys! And if you see one that not made of plastic then yell at me.