Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

somthing i need to know from bela fleck

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Jan 5, 2002.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey guys i need to know what that horn is that the other dude on tour with them is playing? It is very small and sounds a bit like a flute! Its played straight out instead of on the side like a flute! Sounds like somthing that would be played in a irish song!???? Anyone know?

2. uh, a flute? :rolleyes: or maybe some sort of recorder. Just like basses, flutes come in all shapes and sizes. Also, could be a tin whistle. I'm not into Bela Fleck :eek: so I really I wouldn't know.

3. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I believe it's a penny whistle.

4. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey thanks i will search on penny whislte and see if that is it! I think it would sound great in one of our songs!

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    it's a penny whistle, i do believe...howard levy played penny whistle on some of their older tunes...

6. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Iam having a really hard time finding one thats not cheap plastic! And that is what it is a penny whislte! I love that sound its awsome! As soon as i get one i will see how hard it is to play! I played flute for several years in high school so hopefully its somthing like it! I know they are tuned to like b! So lets hope a bass player of 20 years can go that high huh! Thats for the help guys! And if you see one that not made of plastic then yell at me.