1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sonar 6 Producer Problems

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by PinkFloydDan, Aug 31, 2008.

1. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    I am running Windows XP 2.00 hghz with 2 gigs ram Intel COre 2 CPU

I used to be able to record no problems. Recently though I have run into numerous problems. I reinstalled and upgraded the drivers for service pack 2.

But the recording was all garbled. I increased the latency but nothing. I changed out of ASIOS drivers and it worked for a second and then it did not work. Garbled.

Then, somehow the garbling stopped. I recorded the guitarist fine. When I tried to put down the bass track, the bass suddenly went off time near the end of the song.

I am using M-Audio Fast Track Pro and have always had problem with skipping on the recordings.

This crap never happened before. It is boggling my mind. I am a very beginner recorder who was trying to record a demo for clubs to get gigs. Now I am so frustrated I want to sell the soundcard and monitors.

If anyone thinks they know what happened, let's hear it. But I am frustrated as all hell right now.

2. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I ran Sonar 6 PE on weaker hardware than that for a while and it always ran solid. It sounds like you've done everything right so far.

With all due respect to the enthusiasts here, perhaps rather than a group of bass players you might want to go hit up the forums at Cakewalk for some help that will be more specifically suited to your needs.