1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Song Database - Crowd Pleasers

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Mikeyd74, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    I play in a cover/original band and there some songs that always please the crowd better then others.
    I thought it would be great to start a thread dedicated to songs that are tried and true.
    Here are some songs that my band has played that always get the crowd going.

Black Betty - Ram Jam
    Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson
    Bodies - Drowning Pool
    Down with the Sickness - Disturbed
    Bound for the Floor - Local H

2. sounds like u do some heavy covers.
    When we play Don't stop Believing by Journey and Livin on a Prayer by Bon Jovi the crowd goes nuts and sometimes sing along louder than we play.

3. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    Originally when I joined my band we were playing stuff like Sweet's "Ballroom Blitz" & Gin Blossoms's "Hey Jealousy." Now we are playing heavier stuff, funny how times change. A lot depends on the type of crowd that follows your band though, but the songs I mentioned previously seem to do well wherever we play.

4. IanStephenson

IanStephenson UnRegistered User

Apr 8, 2006
    Whole Lotta Rosie...
    EVERY gig - love to not play it one week, but where-ever we are it's the one that just tips the place over the edge.

It's not big, it's not clever, but it gets the job done. A few others I could name come close, but for getting a bar of rockers to go nuts, its THE choice.

Ian

5. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    i'm pretty sure this thread needs to be genre specific :)

if my band played "Beautiful People" i'm sure pretty our fans would be like ***?? actually they would probably laugh and think it was funny....but anyway....

different pleasers for different crowds....

6. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    Endorsing Artist: David Eden Amplifiers / Rob Wave Custom basses
    I also think it depends onwhat part of the country as well. There are some songs that would go over down here in Georgia much better than they would in Idaho.

7. I definitely think a lot of it depends on the kind of crowd you are playing to. One tune I think might go over well for most crowds is AC/DC's "T.N.T.", as long as you get the feel right. It's just a fun song....

8. XeoFLCL

XeoFLCL

Aug 25, 2007
    I was just about to say this. Also, getting the energy flowing is a nice addition, gets everybody pumped usually. :p

9. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    I figure just list some songs that work well for your band and someone that might be looking for song ideas might pick up on it. For example, who would have ever thought that "Black Betty" by Ram Jam would go over so well with my bands crowd. Or maybe someone is looking for a song to put their own spin on it. Like our super beefed up version of "The Break Up Song" by Greg Kihn.

10. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    We've had good luck with "Good Love is On The Way" by John Mayer Trio.

11. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    weeellllll

we do a version of "the devil went down to georgia" with a funk devil break in the middle....this usually gets everyone's attention :) but it helps to have a pychotic fiddle player...

we also do "debra" by beck....but you have to be able to sing falseto...

also "rocky raccoon" people like a lot...

those are probably the 3 covers that people react to the most that we do....