Song in the Hot Wheels PT Cruiser Ad

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by reedith, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Hey all,

I don't know if you all have seen this ad. It's being played Canada and I would assume the U.S. as well. It's a PT Cruiser driving down the road, then it goes thru a loop ala Hot Wheels. The song on the commercial is just a basic 12 bar blues with some catchy Fender Rhodes (I believe) lines in the background. I know this song but haven't been able to put my finger on it's title nor the artist. Any help?
  2. Slap that G

Slap that G

Apr 16, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    hey dude. Unfortunately I have to answer to your question...but...I was always wondering if I was the only one who would try to play the basslines of the ads that i saw on tv. I'm from Vancouver so i guess we get the same ads. yeah, that Cruiser one's a good one....

I've been playing and messing around with the Future SHop ad bassline too. GREEAT.

sorry for the lack of help!
  3. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    That song is none other than the classic "Green Onion" by super-session group Booker T & The MG's. 1960's perfection on the Stax label.

Perhaps you've heard of bass legend Donald "Duck" Dunn? He's on there.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    my god the duck is soooo could he keep a groove.
    he's in the blues brothers band ya know?
    green onions is a cool track too....I really like booker t. and the Mgs....great stuff
  5. Of course!!!! Thanks a lot Winston. I knew somebody else would have seen that commercial. It's been a long time since I've heard that tune and I couldn't remember who did it. I also have heard a lot about Duck Dunn though I'm not too familiar with his work. Anyhow, thanks again! That question in the back of my head is now laid to rest.