Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Song Names--- Please help

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by savagelucy, May 25, 2002.

1. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    hey,
    i'm makin my brother a mixed c.d. for his birthday and i don't know the names of a couple of the songs, if you kknow them plaese post them.

these are the songs i dont know:

black crowes-- the one with the lyrics "lovers come along a dime by the dozen, i aint nothin but ten cent lovin, hey sweet thing let my light your candle cause..."

the white stripes -- their newest single

the hives -- their newest single

any help would be greatly appreciated

2. I'm reliably informed by my brother that the black crowes song is called "Hard to Handle"

3. ConTraBajisTa

ConTraBajisTa Guest

Oct 5, 2000
    auburn, ny
    the white stripes song is called (plainly enough) "fell in love with a girl."

4. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    The Black Crowes song is not a Black Crowes song; it is a remake. To give due credit..."Hard to Handle" is a Otis Redding song from 1967.

5. The newest Hives single is called Main Offender, I believe.

6. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I thought the new Hives song is "Hate to Say I Told You So"

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I KNEW I heard that song before the Black Crowes made it big! That's been bugging me for a while.

8. Heh, someone else who has to point out that "the original was better"...I thought I was the only one :)

9. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    thanks for the help everybody. :D

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Belongs in RECORDINGS

11. It probably depends where you live. In the UK, the latest single is "Main Offender", but I dunno what it is anywhere else. I probably should have considered this before posting :oops::).

12. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    That explains our different answers