song suggestions.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hauhnar, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Hauhnar

Hauhnar

Jun 6, 2011
    Bangalore,India
    i've just formed a cover band with two friends of mine, both guitarists, (we might add a percussionist, if we can find one). we're aiming for quiet bar and coffee house gigs that we can play on our day offs. jam sessions will start from next week (don't know when we'll start gigging though. we're planning on playing "groovy, bluesy" music (doesn't mean blues necessarily) or some soft rock songs like jackson browne. i've had my mind on a few artists like B.B. King, marvin gaye, CCR and eagles, etc.
    i was just wondering if you could add some to the list, like some albums and artists that i could look into.
    or if you can direct me to threads where this topic has been discussed before, that'd be great :) (search option didn't turn out anything useful.

2. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I'd add some reggae to that list too. Oh, and you can't go wrong with Van Morrison, or the Beatles either. Maybe some Dylan, or some dead? I haven't been to a coffee house in years, but if they still smell like patchouli.........

3. Hauhnar

Hauhnar

Jun 6, 2011
    Bangalore,India
    thanks for reminding me of those guys phalex, they have slipped my mind... about reggae, for some reason, the guitarists can't nail that "ummph chakah...chakah ummph chakah" beat..so it's off the table.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021