Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Songs from our new CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mobay45, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    Hey guys. Check out these songs from out upcoming CD. I really would like your input on them. There are 3 of the 10 songs at www.audiostreet.net/farcry

2. Mobay45

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    Anybody have an opinion? Good, bad or indifferent.

3. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I really dug Hurricane. The song was pretty sweet, liked the bass lines, like the guitar riffs, everything was cool. The lead guitarist isn't the cleanist in the world, but I really like his style. I really dig the tracks though, cool sounds. Keep it up man.

4. Mobay45

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    Thanks for the comments. This CD is just about done and I'm just looking for feedback before it's printed.

5. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    That's cool. I'm diggin it, it doesn't sound rough or anything that I could tell. I'm not really a pro at audio quality or anything, but I'd like to think I listen enough to tell if it sounds crappy or not, haha. Wish you guys good luck on the CD and everything else you guys do!
    John

6. Mobay45

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    We used a great studio here in Dallas called Crystal Clear Sound. We originally won 15 hours in a battle of the bands and bought the rest of the time needed to finish the CD. We're got the cover design and legal b.s. to get done before we stamp any out.

7. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    I know its off topic but you were talking about cd cover design, were abouts you get that done. is it possible to silk screen it on with air dry silk screening paint?

sorry about the hi-jack

ps good tunes, your bands singer has a good vibe, kinda rocky blues voice goin on

8. Mobay45

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    I'm talking to a friend of mine that's an artist right now about doing the design. We will send the art work in with the CD and have the company that prints the CD to print the cover too. Thanks for the feedback on the tunes too.

9. I liked all three songs on the site... you and the drummer are pretty tight. I like what the guitarist was doing as well, but I would have bought him a metronome for Christmas. ;)

10. Mobay45

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    Yeah, he does have a tendency to vary the tempo. What's worse is the tempos he sets on stage. Sometimes they're way too fast and other times they're too slow. I would like for him to have a metronome in headphones all the time. What can you say - he's a drummer. :D