Songs from the new Roger Waters Album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Richland123, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Songs from the new Roger Waters Album

2. almost human

almost human

Sep 30, 2010
    NYC
    I like the first track a lot- nice 70s Pink Floyd vibe to it. I wasn't crazy about the other two songs.
    Im not a fan of his singing at this point.

winterburn69 likes this.
  3. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    All 3 sound like uninspired reedition attempts to me. Even in the first track (the less unfortunate of the 3) he's got no melodical ideas, he's singing around root notes a lot, repeating the same interval play all the time, as if he was trying to sing like Tom Petty at times, just not as brilliant. They all sound to me like other people's tunes he didn't have time to learn too well. But then again, that's how Waters has always sounded to me as a singer/creator of vocal melodies, uninspired, moreso after PF.

4. winterburn69

winterburn69

Jan 27, 2008
    Saskatchewan
    Been a big fan of Roger Waters for a long time, didn't think I'd ever see a new album from him though, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Smell the roses and picture that seem to be my favourites. Haven't listened to the album a whole bunch yet though.

5. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    I am all for the cause Roger Waters is supporting, but when that is said I find him to be a major self-righteous and hypocritical jerk.

Also, who plays bass on those albums, cause it seems like Waters forgot how to?

Pared with the fact that he can't even sing, all he got left going for him is his songwriting skills, and to be fair they aren't much to brag about either.

andruca likes this.
  6. blue4

blue4

Feb 3, 2013
    St. Louis area
    I like Water's work in PF a great deal, but I've never been a fan of his solo work. I didn't like the three songs here much.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021