Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

songs of praise

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Si-bob, Sep 16, 2002.

1. hey steve
    saw your appearence on SOP, i was expecting a little longer but even so it was cool, loved your tone! Really gotta get me a 5'er fretless with lines, i like my fretless 4, but its not giving me all i want, and i enjoy playing fretless so much more then fretted, oh well, all things come to those who wait, we'll see what the bass centre has when i come see u there :p
    do u play fretless exclusivly, or do you have a fretted for a certain situation?

*Si*

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Hi Si,

I've not seen the show yet, as it was on while I was soundchecking for my gig in Milton Keynes supporting the 21st Century Schizoid Band... various people I know taped it, so I'm sure I'll see it soon enough.. it remains to be seen if I'll become the granny's favourite and be doing a tour of old people's homes early next year yet or not... :D

Glad you liked the sound though - amazing that it came across on those little TV speakers... LOL

BTW, the gig with the Schizoid band went really well - they are fantastic, not to be missed. Jakko's voice is amazing, and the original guys are playing really well...

cheers

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I've played in old peoples homes and I've played in a prison. Guess which one is the easier gig.

4. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    Bugger, I missed it!
    I've never known anyone on Songs of Praise before, actually I've never watched it. Maybe that's why? Hmm.

5. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Howard,

you didn't miss much - I've seen it now and I was audible for about a minute, and on screen for about 8 seconds... :D

Not knowing anyone who's been on SOP is probably a positive thing... ;)

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

6. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    hey, don't knock it, it's better than a regular slot on crimestoppers!