Songs that are funny... but maybe not suppose to be

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Has anyone really listened to "Tighten up" by Archie Bell and the Drells. I heard about it because of the Simpsons. The parody is hilarious, but the real deal is even funnier. It's not even a song. And how is this cat Archie Bell AND the Drells.
  2. i always thought that song by david bowie is funny...i don't know the real name of it, but the one with ground control and major tom...

3. Theres one where Roth sounds like hes doin the nasty and he's making noises like a wooly mammoth in heat..........its great.
  4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i was going to go on the road with those guys, never happened though..
  5. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Most of Metallica's music is funny.
  6. Mikemike

Mikemike Miscreant

Jun 18, 2002
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Gangsta rap, like 3-6 Mafia and Tupac, I always found a bit humorous.
  7. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I'm with you there.

Really, any music where people try too hard to be hardcore/tough hits my funny bone. Mask wielding Slipknotians being the apex.
  8. Mr.Phil

Apr 9, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Eh... That depends on the criteria for a song. If you mean relevant lyrics, then no... Its a dance instructional, but the bass line is nice, especially if you play around with it an octave higher at points during the song. What is kind of funny is I've seen that song preformed live. That means it had half of the lyrics it does on the album.
  9. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    most all emo is hilarious. someone whining about how his girlie dumped him and then the ambulances arrive to the glass shards in his soul....and he's getting paid to sing it, so his life must really suck! :p :p :p

in the same vein, rage against the machine, early smashing pumpkins (despite all my rage, i'm still getting paid for this song), the cranberries's yodelling chick...what kind of whore do you have to be to sing this stuff?
    please don't get me wrong...i like these bands. they are tight, and have good arranging, and i would slut myself out inna minnit to play with them, but *** is up with taking your conversations from the watercooler and psychiatrist's and turning them into songs?
    whatever happened to the good old days when you sang about sex? and drugs?
    hell, robert johnson whined about his girl, but did something about it in the same song (32-20 blues)! if she dumps you, blow her away! be a man and take yer lumps, go to jail and be done with it!
    i can see why kids like haterock get away from emo!

here,'s yer thread back. i don't think i hurt it.
    yay, fieldy?
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    But c'mon, "Hi everybody, I'm Archie Bell and The Drells" is he everybody? And that has to be THE worst guitar tone ever.
  11. today I was listening to a CD of mp3's i'd downloaded, and "Fighting the world" by Manowar came on-

"fighting the world for the right to play..............HEAVY METAAAAAAALLLL!" :p
  12. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    oh, yeah...
    'in a metal mood' by pat boone.

13. FANBOY ON!

That song was actually written about the 94 lollapalooza tour. And they strayed from the USUAL grunge band... they had a song about bats!

and on that note...

We only come out at night. Funny or not intentionally, it's REALLY funny.