Songs That Should Be Longer

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Oct 22, 2005.

1. You ever been listening to a song, loving it, then it just ends seemingly prematurely? I HATE that. There's a bunch of songs that I love to death, but hate at the same time cause I wish they had another 2 or 3 minutes on them. Songs like:
    Rolling Stones--Gimme Shelter and Jumpin' Jack Flash
    Beatles--While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    Skynyrd--Sweet Home Alabama (I wanna hear the rest of that piano solo!!)
    Jimi Hendrix--Castles Made Of Sand
    Edgar Winter--Free Ride

There's probably more I'm forgetting. Which songs do you wish were longer?
  2. inna godda davida--iron butterfly
  3. Lewi_wilko

Mar 24, 2004
    Jimi Hendrix - little wing
    Rancid - Maxwell Murders
  4. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    The Misfits - Dig Up Her Bones

That song's chorus could go on for days and I would never get bored.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Most songs really. Just about any song I really like, I'd probably like more if it was a little longer. Not like 10 minutes longer, but I can think of many 3-4 minute songs that could be 6-7 minutes and still rock.

Most of alicia keys music is awesome, but it's almost all in the 3-4 minute range. Conversely, most of D'angelo's music is awesome and it's almost all in the 6-7 minute range.

Personally, I think 5-7 minutes is a good length for a song. But, hey, some songs are short for whatever reason, and there's nothing wrong with that either.

I regularly listen to music that is 10-30 minutes long, so maybe my ear is just keyed into that type of stuff a little more.
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Uh, just hit the repeat button. ;)

I'd like to hear an extended version of Om's "On the Mountain At Dawn"
  7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    At times I wish "Just a Man" by Faith No More had a C section after the gospel ending. But it's perfect as it is.

"Cinder and Smoke" by Iron and Wine could work with another verse, but I couldn't stand anymore "ooo's".

I probably could listen to a 20 minute version of "Sleepytime" by Sleepytime Gorilla Museum.
  8. People are strange - The Doors

Come on! It's too catchy to be that short. :p
  9. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Billy Joel's "Just the Way You Are" needs to be longer. It fades out on Phil Woods' awesome alto sax solo.
  10. ^Yeah I forgot to post that one too. One of my favorite Doors songs and it's only like 2 minutes long ***!?
  11. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Fife, WA
    I don't really care for this band, but I love the song: 'Interstate Love Song' by STP - both riffs tear me up.