1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Songs to play at my senior recital / All-star Jamapalooza

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Wasted Bassist, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Wasted Bassist

Wasted Bassist

Nov 11, 2008
    Fargo, ND
    Coming up in about a month I'm going to be having my graduation party/senior recital/All-Star Jam party/birthday party. I'm going to be doing a funk night with some of my awesomely talented friends. I'm just looking for songs to play. They don't have to be bass features per say, but a good bass line is a must. So far I've picked a few sure bets.

1. Fever - I'll be doing this one as a duet with a good frined of mine. We're doing the Peggy Lee version with just bass, vocalist and maybe some bongos.

2. Chameleon - Two of my best friends have been doing this trumpet part since sophmore year. Funktastic.

3. Cousin Jeff - I need something to slap on.

4. ??? Teen Town - Not sure if I can tackle this one, but I'm gonna work my ass off.

In addition, my pop-punk band is going to be playing a set at some point. Should be a good time. If you guys can think of songs that I could use as an excuse to bring up some female singers that'd be great, since I seem to know every girl who can sing in my school.

2. Holy Cr@p!

I'm gonna be 64 in a couple of days and now you say I've got to recite something?

I have enough troubles remembering where my fingers go and now they want me to give a recital too? They shouldda told me about this when I was a teenager.

3. Wasted Bassist

Wasted Bassist

Nov 11, 2008
    Fargo, ND
    Say wuh? My head just imploded a little bit.

4. Geez. Ya give them books and they color in the pages and eat the covers!

"Senior recital"

Doh?

5. Wasted Bassist

Wasted Bassist

Nov 11, 2008
    Fargo, ND
    I don't know which question to ask you first Joe...

6. I'll help:::

Senior? Yes - 64 tomorrow

Recital?
    I did that in Grammar School -I recited the Preamble, The Bill Of Rights and attended my sister's tap dancing recital in about 1955 or so.

I'm all recital'd-out, and now there's the Senior Recital of yours.

But if you need a female/male duet, maybe "Islands In The Stream" ala Kenny Rogers/Dolly Parton.

Gives me another interesting mental image

But I was having old-guy flashbacks on ya. That's where you see something that jabs at you or something that's going on at the moment in your life and you see something arcane in it - that's all.