songs with distortion

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by basswilli, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Why is it that I can only find stuff when I'm not looking for it? I tried to search for songs with distortion, and I found many threads that had the words "songs" "with" and "distortion." After about a minute of frustration, I figured I would probably be better off just making a new thread, asking for songs that use distortion.:confused:
  2. Off the top of my head, there's Around the world by rhcp, in the garage by Weezer, el distorto de melodica by Everclear, and tons of others.
  3. (Pulling teeth) Anesthesia by Metallica...
  4. The Beatles: Mean Mr. Mustard. Great fuzz bass tone.
  5. Sober by Tool has trace amounts... Once You Dig In by Lenny Kravitz... Flashdance 2 and Under The Influence by Matt Good Band.... thats all I can think of for now...
  6. One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces
    Song For the Dumped
    Uncle Walter

That's all by Ben Folds Five...i'm sure there's more...
  7. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    There are a bunch of songs off of Nirvana's "Incesticide" that have distorted bass.
  8. masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    Blur - Song #2
  9. Jackson Cannery.. another Ben Folds 5 song.
  10. The Cure- Screw, Never Enough

The Cult- The Witch

Van Halen- Sunday afternoon in the park, Inside

The Stranglers- peaches, shut up, in the shadows, enough time

ZZ Top- my head's in missisippi
  11. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Tons of Rage Against The Machines songs.
  12. One of the songs off of Curtis Mayfield's Superfly has distorted bass...I can't remember which one though.
  13. I second Around the World, thats the only distorted bass tone I've heard that I really liked.

Exit Music (for a Film) by Radiohead has an awesome fuzzed out bass solo that'll give a dead man chills.
  14. Which RATM songs have it? I must be living under a rock because I have only heard clean tone from timbo.