1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Songs you want to learn but never can

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SlapPopBass, Oct 26, 2013.

1. I'm sure all of us have songs in our playlists that has that amazing bass player doing his thing, and we all can't just figure the life out of it. Lets see how many we can gather, and perhaps we might even be able to get people some songs then maybe we can share and and and... :D

Anyway, here's my list:

Gustavo Dal Farra - Rushed Love
    Mezzoforte - Four Corners
    Eric Czar - Caffeine
    Graham Central Station - Release Yourself

2. TheEndIsNYE

TheEndIsNYE

Dec 3, 2011
    Pretty much anything Cannibal Corpse or Protest The Hero.

3. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Feb 9, 2009
    A song or two by Megadeth and Testament. I ordered a Megadeth Tab book once. Sent payment and got all but that book I ordered. Contacted them and they said it was not yet in print they were taking pre orders. I never saw the book or my money. They said they would send it when they got it. Offered a refund but I wanted the book.

4. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    Two tunes that I've always wanted to learn but just never found the time to sit down & transcribe, and can't seem to find a transcription of, are "Are You The One? Are You The One?" by John McLaughlin (original recording featured Jack Bruce on bass), and Stanley Clarke's "Hello Jeff"

5. GrumpiusMaximus

GrumpiusMaximus I've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe

Mar 11, 2013
    Kent, United Kingdom
    '21st Century Schizoid Man' by King Crimson. I'm just not up to that level yet. 'Red' was a challenge for me but I'm getting it slowly - the opening chords are killers.

6. simenandreas

simenandreas

Jan 23, 2011
    I am trying to learn some Periphery songs, but I am not fast enough to get it all tight

7. Power Station's version of 'Bang A Gong'...seems like a simple line until I actually try to do it. Fail.

8. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead! Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Around the World by RHCP...those big neck jumps are rough :(

9. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    I honestly do not have trouble learning anything on bass. I have been playing for over 35 years and have always had a good ear. I can play everything that I have ever tried to learn. Some songs take a little longer but I can usually learn a song well enough to play it within 5 or 10 minutes. Once I hear the structure a couple of times, I can play it. I sometimes put my IPod on shuffle and play along with whatever song comes on. I have over 10,000 songs on it so practicing this way can be a challenge. I have gotten to the point that I just bought a Martin 12 string acoustic guitar because I felt that I needed a challenge. As crazy as it sounds, I am also considering cello.