Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sonic Bass Cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nkisi_Nkondi, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Nkisi_Nkondi

Nkisi_Nkondi

Aug 22, 2005
    I was wondering if anyone on here has ever used any sonic bass cabinet and had any info or likes and dislikes about them

2. Nkisi_Nkondi

Nkisi_Nkondi

Aug 22, 2005
  3. earlc

earlc

May 23, 2004
    Northern Virginia
    20 y.o. sonic loaded with a 18" EVM - first real cabinet I ever bought. Paid less for the cab than market for the speaker alone. Solid, basic, reasonably good sound, lousy handles and too big to lug around; but it's worked for 20 years without a hitch. Still use it when I need to push some air, no regrets...

4. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member

Sonic is made right in my back yard . In Cudahy Wisconsin .
    I've owned several over the years . I know many people who have used their stuff for years . No problems , an incredible value .

5. Sounded pretty good for pretty cheap back in the day. I got an 18 and a 15. Still use the 15, but the 18 was a little boomy, got a 18 bag end instead. Cat used to love hiding in the Sonic 18, would wriggle through the port on the bottom to get inside.

Randy

6. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Did you ever play while your cat was unknowingly inside?

7. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I've had a Sonic 1x15 for about 20 years, and it has worked fine. I don't use it for bass much anymore, but I do use it as a PA subwoofer. It has held up great.

8. I have a Sonic Micromini 18 with an EVM-18B. One of the best compact 18's I've heard.

9. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hey, another Milwaukean! We should have a get-together - there are several of us from this area, you know.

Yeah - Sonic is all-right stuff for the money. They've been making cabs for a long time now.

http://www.sonicspeaker.com/

Joe

(edit) Ha! They still make that 1X18 W-bin! Yup - I remember them: you can't here'em on the dance floor, but they tear-it-up way at the back of the room!