SOLD Sonic Blue P bass body swamp ash

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by 60bass, Aug 18, 2017.

1. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Price:
    $90.00
    2016 Sonic Blue Precision bass body $90.00 - Shipped conus only lower 48

If you'd like a partially loaded body for $120.00 I'll include a white PG, aged Fender threaded saddle bridge (the bridge in the picture), and a set of EMG Select pickups. Just let me know.

Swamp ash P bass body. Factory finished very pale Sonic Blue. Body came from StewMac and I believe it's a Mighty Mite but can't say for sure. MIM 50's series Maple neck fit it when I had it together. Also had a MIM rosewood jazz neck on it for a while too.

The good

Lightweight 4.86 lbs. Made for an 8.79 lb bass when I had it together. Finish is in excellent shape no major dings, chips, or scratches. All routes are very clean and neck pocket is free from excess paint build-up.

The bad for full disclosure

When I first built the bass I drilled and mounted a 5 hole bent plate bridge that I believed was Fender spec. It was not and I had to re-drill and mount a Fender bent plate threaded saddle bridge. Under the bridge are the holes from the previous bridge (see pics). Looks like crap underneath but the re-mounted bridge covered all but a very tiny part on the side of the plate. A bridge cover would completely hide it. String to pickup alignment if you use a real Fender threaded saddle bent plate which is what I suggest is decent but not exact. I've seen Fenders from the factory that were similar. The bass still played and sounded great though. If a person is OCD about it they could dowell all the bridge holes and re-mount any bridge they want. I've included a pic of the assembled bass to show the alignment.

Payment via PayPal and and shipped conus lower 48 only.

Thanks

front.jpg

back.jpg

pocket.jpg

bridge.jpg

sb3.jpg

sb4.jpg

SB1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Always when I'm broke...

3. WillieB

WillieB Battling Bass Guitar Bulimia since 1975 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    pm'd

4. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    On hold pending payment

5. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    And sold!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021