1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sonic cabs.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by I.'.I.'.Nakoa, Sep 19, 2001.

1. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    does anyone know anything about these cabs? i got a chance to play through a 410 today, and it sounded great, i was using a 300 watt swr into it, about half volume, and playing with a 5, the speakers never farted out, or made any other noise than nice, loud clear bass. do these guys ahve a website??

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Sonic is located in Cudahy, Wisconsin. You can find their site at www.sonicspeaker.com. I've got a 6x10, with the 700-watt SCF upgrade. A few minor complaints:

1) I was promised my cab in 7 - 10 working days. It took over a month to finally receive it.
    2) The carpet job is a bit shabby -- I've had to reglue a few of the seams and the cab is only 2 years old.
    3) I just took off all of the hardware (screws, corner guards) to repaint them. The corners have dulled and rusted after only 2 years.

The B410XT is claimed to weigh in at 55 pounds, which is 33 pounds lighter than the claimed weight of the B610T. The B410XT is an 8-ohm cab, while the B610T is a 4-ohm -- the main reason I chose it over the 4x10.

EDIT: If my cab only weighs 88 pounds, I'm Don Knotts!

3. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    thanks for the info.

the shop that had it, the guy is a dealer for themor something. i REALLY liked this cab. what kind of amp do you run yours with?

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I have the MM-15, a very small 1-15 cab loaded with a 300w Eminence driver. Works well, solid construction, mine hasn't been abused and still looks like new. Bought it for $100 new (minus speaker).

5. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I used to use a 300-watt Randall, running at 2-ohms (I also have a 4-ohm 1x15). I recently upgraded to a Peavey FireBass II, but have yet to run both cabs with it. I will probably keep my Randall as my practice amp.

6. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    thanks brad and hg.

hategear:
    since u use a randall amp, i have a question. i found a rb1000 , do you know how much power this this puts out?

7. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    No, I don't. I do know that Randall is a part of Washburn now. You can ask them via e-mail about the RB1000. They will probably be able to tell you anything you want to know. However, they don't have the rights to the manuals or literature, so I don't think they could supply you with anything like that. Look on the back of the amp -- it should have the output "specs" there.

www.washburn.com.

8. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    alright thanks. does your cab handle the b string really well?

9. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    :( No B string, man. :(

10. I bought a used Sonic 1-18 cab about4 yrs ago. It is a Theil type with a 400w EV driver.n I paid 250. I don't know how it stacks up to anything else, but this thing thunders. The B string rules with it.
    It is a simple cab with outside gray carpet and black baffle board.It is 27 x 23.5 x 18 standard size.
    I recommend them if you can live without a big name brand.
    Built very well.

11. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Ohio, USA
    I've had a Sonic 1x15 with a 400-watt EV speaker for many years and have abused it mightily. It has served me very well.

12. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    thansk for the replies!

i was wanting peavey 410's untill i played the sonic, ( and i liked peavey better than ANYTHING) . they have a few new ones too, and a used 215. i think it would be cool to get the 215 wiht the 210.