Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sonic cabs.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by I.'.I.'.Nakoa, Sep 19, 2001.

1. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    does anyone know anything about these cabs? i got a chance to play through a 410 today, and it sounded great, i was using a 300 watt swr into it, about half volume, and playing with a 5, the speakers never farted out, or made any other noise than nice, loud clear bass. do these guys ahve a website??

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Sonic is located in Cudahy, Wisconsin. You can find their site at www.sonicspeaker.com. I've got a 6x10, with the 700-watt SCF upgrade. A few minor complaints:

1) I was promised my cab in 7 - 10 working days. It took over a month to finally receive it.
    2) The carpet job is a bit shabby -- I've had to reglue a few of the seams and the cab is only 2 years old.
    3) I just took off all of the hardware (screws, corner guards) to repaint them. The corners have dulled and rusted after only 2 years.

The B410XT is claimed to weigh in at 55 pounds, which is 33 pounds lighter than the claimed weight of the B610T. The B410XT is an 8-ohm cab, while the B610T is a 4-ohm -- the main reason I chose it over the 4x10.

EDIT: If my cab only weighs 88 pounds, I'm Don Knotts!

3. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    thanks for the info.

the shop that had it, the guy is a dealer for themor something. i REALLY liked this cab. what kind of amp do you run yours with?

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I have the MM-15, a very small 1-15 cab loaded with a 300w Eminence driver. Works well, solid construction, mine hasn't been abused and still looks like new. Bought it for $100 new (minus speaker).

5. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I used to use a 300-watt Randall, running at 2-ohms (I also have a 4-ohm 1x15). I recently upgraded to a Peavey FireBass II, but have yet to run both cabs with it. I will probably keep my Randall as my practice amp.

6. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    thanks brad and hg.

hategear:
    since u use a randall amp, i have a question. i found a rb1000 , do you know how much power this this puts out?

7. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    No, I don't. I do know that Randall is a part of Washburn now. You can ask them via e-mail about the RB1000. They will probably be able to tell you anything you want to know. However, they don't have the rights to the manuals or literature, so I don't think they could supply you with anything like that. Look on the back of the amp -- it should have the output "specs" there.

www.washburn.com.

8. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    alright thanks. does your cab handle the b string really well?

9. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    :( No B string, man. :(

10. I bought a used Sonic 1-18 cab about4 yrs ago. It is a Theil type with a 400w EV driver.n I paid 250. I don't know how it stacks up to anything else, but this thing thunders. The B string rules with it.
    It is a simple cab with outside gray carpet and black baffle board.It is 27 x 23.5 x 18 standard size.
    I recommend them if you can live without a big name brand.
    Built very well.

11. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I've had a Sonic 1x15 with a 400-watt EV speaker for many years and have abused it mightily. It has served me very well.

12. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    thansk for the replies!

i was wanting peavey 410's untill i played the sonic, ( and i liked peavey better than ANYTHING) . they have a few new ones too, and a used 215. i think it would be cool to get the 215 wiht the 210.