1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sonic Farm 2di4/Je-di owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by J.Wolf, Jan 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    I know there are not many of us on here, but curious if anyone has rolled the tube in theirs with good results. I had gotten this info from Boris and Zoran at Sonic Farm and am considering trying the JJ, but thought i'd put it out there in case anyone else has some first hand experience with which tubes work best for electric bass.

from SF:

When we were designing the Berliner (a different circuit), we also had a pair of current production JJ EF-806's and thought they sounded great, maybe a bit wider and deeper than the 6J32P. But their price didn't justify switching over to them for production. However for you it may be worth giving it a try.​

2. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    Anyone try these out yet?

3. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    the tube or the DI? I put a NOS Amperex EF86 and it is better than ever. I loved the tone already, this brought it up a notch in terms of depth and smoothness.

4. 3rdcurve

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    Nice!

5. 3rdcurve

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    Question:

On the back of my Shaw B150 I do not have a DI, but it does have a line level 1/4" output that supposedly gets all the output mojo. Can I come out of that and go straight into my Sonic Farm to get a nice Tubey signal to the FOH?

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021