SOLD Sonic Farm Tantra Bass Preamp - Pascal SPRO-2 Powered

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by rmichael, Jul 7, 2019.

1. rmichael

rmichael Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Central Illinois
    Price:
    Sonic Farm Tantra Bass Preamp - Includes optional “Pascal S-PRO2” 1000 Watt Power Amplifer & Rack Ears.

I ordered this Preamp “new” from Sonic Farm in late March of 2019! The amplifier has only been used in my home studio for recording bass tracks. This is the holy grail of bass preamps! I’ve owned Avalon, Phil Jones, Wayne Jones.....you name it and this preamp, hands down, blows everything away that I’ve ever used. The only reason I’ve decided to list it for sale is because I’ve decided to go with a “modeling” amplifier.

These go for approx $2800 new with approx $275 shipping from Canada, not including import tax and customs fees from Canada. Save a few dollars and pick this one up!

Price includes shipping via standard ground within the USA.

Specs are as follows:

The “no cut corners” design includes a twin pentode front end, covering clean gain and overdrive, followed by a comprehensive solid state processing section including a HP filter, a 5 band EQ, a studio quality compressor and a 2 band harmonic generator to help your bass cut through any mix. The included 1000W RMS @ 4 ohms, Pascal S-PRO2 power module can drive a variety of cabs anywhere from small, club ones to large stage multi-way systems with sub-woofers. The internal power amp can be powered off on the fly via the rear panel switch and used solely as a Bass Preamp.

Design concept: (tube) pentode front end with solid state processing section

1 channel with 2 tube modes: triode and pentode

Sections: Overdrive, HP filter, 5-band EQ, Compressor, 2 band harmonic generator.

Bass instrument input: 1/4” unbalanced, mono
    Input impedance: 2.2MOhm
    Frequency response: 10Hz-20kHz +/- 3dB
    Maximum gain: 54dB at the line output, 32dB at the DI (mic level) output
    Harmonic distortion: up to 2% before clipping level, quickly decreases if driven less.

Maximum output level: 30dBu
    Minimum output load (preamp): 600Ohm
    Minimum output load (power amp): 4Ohm

Rear panel XLR connectors: Preamp out, DI out, Pwr amp in, all balanced only
    Rear panel 1/4” connectors: FX loop (2xTRS, see manual), tuner out, foot switch (TS)

Power consumption: 15W preamp, 1100W pwr amp.

All supply voltages regulated.
    285V Plate voltage for huge headroom
    Operating voltage: 110-120VAC or 220-240VAC, switchable
    Gold plated printed circuit boards with a double copper layer.
    Gold plated tube sockets

Attached Files:

Tommyjbass and SirMjac28 like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021