1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sonicare Tooth Brushes.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by beelzelboss, Oct 24, 2009.

1. I got my dads hand me down a few months ago. We put a new head on and I was happy. Well, I decided to see what was underneath the screw on head... oh my god. I nearly threw up. it was black. I had no idea this happens, and I'm very disgusted. I cleaned it out using really really hot water and q tips and shaking it around under the hot water. I can't believe what came out.
    Does this happen to all of them?
    Is there any way to keep them clean without having to wash it out every day?
    I feel so nasty thinking that I put something that was connected to that into my mouth, twice a day, for the last few months.... :help:

2. while i have no direct experience with said dental apparatus, i would assume that the black gunk build up is normal. from what i understand, the frequency at which the brush vibrates breaks the cell walls of bacteria. perhaps the black stuff is dead bacteria? i doubt its mold, because black mold is gnarly, and you wouldve had respiratory issues i should think were that the case. my policy on cleaning anything with small parts is a multi hour soak in isopropyl alcohol. maybe just open the thing up once a month to see if the build up continues, and, if so, how quickly. just a thought.

3. I'm pretty sure that's how the bubonic plague was started.

4. Tama

Tama

Nov 19, 2008
    Bugtussle
    Yeah, floss and just use a regular toothbrush. Change out the toothbrush every 3 months...and you'll have healthy teeth.

5. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    Tama is right

6. Yea, but it was a hand me down so I might as well use it. I also do floss twice a day :D