Sonicblue vs Olympicwhite

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Olympicwhite

28 vote(s)
  2. Sonicblue

22 vote(s)
  1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Im going to order a P-bass 70 RI and want help deciding what color to get.
    The options are:
    Olympic white
    Sonic blue

Place your votes!
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I voted Sonic Blue. The top picture looks like a Seafoam Green bass, though. Maybe it is just the pic?
  3. I voted white! The other pic colour didn't look too nice! I suspect SuperDuck is right, maybe that's actually seafoam green.
  4. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    My vote goes to Sonic Blue although I like both equally.

The reason taht color looks like seafoam is because they try to give the finishes that "aged" look on the MIJ reissues and the aged Sonic Blue comes out kinda green-like.

It's not just the photo, that's how it will come!
  5. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Never been a fan of Sonic blue or Seafoam greem. I like white.
  6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I voted for white...

Did the P Basses in '70 have a thunb rest or was it still a finger rest?

My '74 P bass (an awful instrument) had a thumb rest but I seem to recall at the time that that was a newer feature...
  7. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    The white looks classy.
  8. If it comes with a dark pickguard, I would say White. If not, definately sonic blue. I hate white-white basses, they hurt my eyes.
  9. aleyman

aleyman Guest

Nov 1, 2002
    i agree with will. if it will have the black pickguard, definetly white. but i only like white on white if it had a accent line. go for what you think you'll still like in a year.
  10. As long as you give us a thorough review, colour doesn't really matter. ;)
    Still, I voted for white.
  11. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I like white with a white 3 ply pick guard. A white pearloid would also look good. just my personal preference.
  12. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If it's between those 2, it's be the white one. I've never been a fan of the Fender Pastel colors.

If it's any color, I'd go with a black with black/white/black guard & a maple board. That's my fav color combo on ant bass.
  13. If that white had a tortoise pickguard, it would look much better. So, I'd go with the seafoam green.
  14. kcdbass

Feb 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    Former Sales/Web, Sadowsky Guitars
    it never ceases to amaze me how, whenever i'm looking at a rack full of basses, the OLYMPIC WHITE one just jumps out and says LOOK AT ME!

with a tortoise guard, it just reeks of vintage class!

take that color to gig wearing all black and watch it POP in the photos!

good luck and enjoy it either way!
  15. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I voted the sonic blue. I like the pastel colors. I think the white ages more gracefully, and a moto pickguard, like bronze, would be good looking on that. I am gassing for one of these 70 RIs. They have a thinner jazz like neck and the build quality looks real good.
  16. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Mr Dirnt and his white PBass, Stella...Incidentally I'm contemplating on gettting that same white PBass '70 Reissue(the one you shortlist).

17. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    out of those two, I say you go with the white!