1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Sonusphere B18 bass speaker/cabinet! Price slash!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by marcwhy, Jul 23, 2018.

1. marcwhy

marcwhy Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Price:
    Slashing for Cash!
    Available
    : Sonusphere B18 Bass enclosure/cab! Made by Moses Graphite -- Fill the room/stage with sound!

Specs (from site):

One 10″ 8 Ohm 450 watt Eminence Neodynium driver.

Proprietary anti-diffraction coupler ring.

Newly developed 12″ low frequency passive radiator with 360-degree tuned porting.

Cabinet material: Advanced Polymer.

Cabinet shape: Half-sphere, providing great and even rigidity with minimum weight.

Dimensions: 18″/45.8 cm diameter x 9″/22.9 cm height.

Weight: 15.5 lbs./7 Kg.

Sold with Sonusphere shoulder-carry gig bag!

** This is mis-labeled as a “P-14,” which is their previous PA speaker. However, verified with Mosher, this is the B18, since it has the bottom radiator (the PA only has the top grill).

List Price: $699 USD; Factory Direct Price: $594.00 USD.

Grab it now -- new new price: $275 (OBO) shipped to lower 48! Will ship elsewhere for actual shipping.

sonu top.
    sonu side.
    sonu bottom.
    sonu case.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    angelopb likes this.
  2. marcwhy

Apr 21, 2012
    Friday bump!
    This model is the same as their upgraded guitar model, and can also serve as an excellent stage monitor!
    Reasonable offers considered.

3. marcwhy

Apr 21, 2012
    Weekend Sale -- motivated seller! Now $380 shipped to lower 48!

Excellent main or extension cab!

4. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    So what is the scenario you'd use this in? Loud rock band, or musical theater?

5. marcwhy

Apr 21, 2012
    Hey Count, thanks for writing!
    I've used it for jazz and a 7-piece Irish band (with drummer), and it was great; it would work perfectly in musical theater, and for a loud rock band, I'd probably recommend it as an extension cab with your other combo or amp/cab to fill out the sound (unless you're used to crazy-loud!).
    I think Mosher would say "any music!" :bassist:

With the Irish band, when we played outside, we were all mic'd (or DI), but this was still great for the stage sound.

Marc

Count Bassie likes this.
  6. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Looks like a nice cab for small band gigs. interesting idea, seems things have changed! Looks context-specific to a point, but I like the venturing out for functional, more efficient monitoring - which is all a bass amp is for really, nowadays.
    Probably won't buy it, still doing a loud psyche rock band! But it's cool.

7. marcwhy

Apr 21, 2012
    That's cool - thanks for checking!
    Other companies are starting similar, "pointing up" models, too ..

Count Bassie likes this.
  8. Cheez

Cheez Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Texas/Louisiana border
    The clearance from the jack to the floor looks tight. Can you use a 1/4" straight connector with this?

9. marcwhy

Apr 21, 2012
    Great question! Included, FREE, 1/4" right angle adapter!! :)

10. Interesting enclosure. I can see that working for many smaller venues- and at 15 lbs not much in that weight class in the bass world. There are not many reviews.

11. marcwhy

Apr 21, 2012
    Hi - thanks for writing!
    Yeah, the TB member who did the excellent "NAMM 2018" review back in January stopped by their booth to check them out, but didn't actually get a chance to play one, unfortunately! I use their PA system, too, and it works great (kinda like the Bose tower thing -- lots of sound!).
    If you're used to playing a 4x10 cab cranked up, then yes, this by itself won't compete. Any other rig, though -- electric or upright -- as a main or extension, works well.

Make an offer and you can check it out! :D

Marc

angelopb likes this.
  12. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    This looks like a great concept, especially for smaller venues where there may be weird room shapes and acoustics. When I was very young my friend's mom had a pair of 360 degree speakers on her small stereo. It sounded excellent in every part of the living room.

One thing sellers need to realize is that there are lots of buyers in Alaska and Hawaii, and when they say CONUS ONLY they are possibly losing a potential sale. We are used to everything being shipped in and paying for shipping. My two cents.

13. marcwhy

Apr 21, 2012

:)

Hey Alaska Will -- thanks for writing! Yeah, it is a cool concept, and I like the PA version, too!

I've shipped to AK and HI, and even shipped a $5000 guitar to Italy, so I'm certainly willing to work with people!

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  14. marcwhy

Apr 21, 2012
    Crazy price slash!

Rock Salad likes this.
  15. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I'm still watching this and I'm curious. How loud is loud? Will this work with a rehearsal situation? Say, guitar, bass, small drum set that's not crazy loud? How much bottom end does it put out? I like the idea of something small and light but loud, and I like the idea of the 360 degree dispersion.

So am I to understand correctly that there's a 12" speaker on top and another "passive" speaker on bottom? What is the size of the passive speaker? Thanks for bearing with my questions.

16. marcwhy

Apr 21, 2012
    Hey Alaska -- thanks for staying interested! :thumbsup:
    Yeah, it's kinda confusing, and took me a phone call to Mosher when I was first looking at these.
    There is only one speaker, pointed up (seen in the top-pics above); that's a powerful 10" speaker. The bottom (see third pic above) they call a "radiator," but it's basically a diaphragm sorta thing that puts the lows onto the floor. I guess, think of it as a type of "open-back" cab (that's my description, not theirs!), with the open side pointing down.
    I've never tried it on a carpeted floor, but I imagine it would not work well on one (muffled dispersion!); on wood or other floors, though, it's great. The idea is that with the dispersion, you don't have to crank your amp, and yeah, it would definitely work with a trio, no problem!!
    Again, if you're used to playing an 8x10, this will sound different. :D

Thanks again for checking!

Marc

17. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Hmmm. I was interested in using it in my home in the living room for personal practice. The bad news is the floor's carpeted. For some reason I keep watching your sale kicking around the possibilities.

18. marcwhy

Apr 21, 2012
    Wait, I meant it's awesome for carpeted rooms!! :thumbsup::D
    Actually, I've never tried it; I'm just guessing based on the web site info, etc., and the concept that it's reflecting sound up and down, and sound doesn't reflect much from carpet. If you had a small board to place underneath, though, that could be a reflecting surface.
    Thanks again for checking! Maybe I'll just send it to you! ;)

19. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I'm in need of a practice cabinet for home. I did get a good deal on a small GK MB200. I keep thinking this would be perfect with that speaker. I appreciate your kind comments.

marcwhy likes this.
  20. marcwhy

Apr 21, 2012
    Hey, the MB200 is a great little amp! Thanks!