1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sony Vaio Laptops... Price Drop?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Well, the somewhat new Sony VAIO laptops have been marketed quite high of a price ranging from the low 1000's to 3000's and some even higher (with custom specs).
    But last week, I saw in in the papers (PCRichards, BestBuy, etc) selling some VAIOs for 700-800 dollars (no rebate involved). I was surprised. Then I went on to Sony VAIO website, and the prices appeared to be same as a while ago.
    Why did the VAIO price drop? Is it going to drop even more? Because a Gateway with better specs than a typical 1000 VAIO costs about 700 bucks. :hyper:

2. IMHO Sony's laptop prices have always been psychotic. You can get a better spec'd machine from most all of the other makers for substantially less. I just never understood it.

Maybe 'cause Sony has made SO many ridiculous blunders recently they are trying to save face? I don't know.

I used to be a big Sony fan. Now, I'll never purchase another Sony product ever again, regardless of price drop.