Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Soon to be cohabiting!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tifa, Jul 6, 2005.

1. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Firstly, sorry if noone really cares, but I'm just so happy I had to share it with you all! :hyper:

Me and the boyfriend have finally got a house to rent! after months of viewings and failed applications, we have finally got one sorted. Nice lil 2 bedroomed house - which means I now have a practice room! :D I'm so pleased as I haven't felt like I've had a proper home since I finished uni last summer. I'm hoping to really get my bass playing going now I have a proper base.

I'm just so excited, we have been trying for ages and all of a sudden its all happened! Plus - its my birthday soon and I'm having 2 weeks off work, so I'll be able to get things done!

So - any tips or advice from you wise people on moving in with the partner?

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Congrats - it's a good feeling when things move in a way you want them too!

I just moved in with my g/f - although I've some experience of moving in....(currently working on divorcing my first wife!)

OK - Rule number one - never hold a party in your own home!

If you break rule number one.....then rule number two - don't get drunk at a party held in your own home! :D

Right - UK TB get together at Tifa's pad :bassist:

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I hope you neighbours are friendly people, those subs travel a long way!

4. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Its funny you say that, the man next door was in the paper the other day. Er... he seems a bit..... unhinged. I'm wary of enraging him with noise :D

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Nice!

I've lived with a few 'friends' and I'd say that you make sure you have your 'living expectations' in the open before moving in...you know? If dishes in the sink drive you crazy or having the pillows on the couch out of place make you see red...let 'im know now.

For the most part it's been a good thing, and I'm sure it will be for you...as well as a 'learning' experience.

**my other advice is to *cough* experience *cough* each room in the new place... ;)

6. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Yeah, I think we'll be ok. we've been together for 2 years so we know what ticks each other off :D

and yeah - you're final point I am looking forward to very much ;)

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    You...you....you....

:eek:

...you have a boyfriend?

:bawl:

;)

Congrats! Have fun christening the new digs! :ninja:

8. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
  9. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Congratulations on your new digs, their is now someone in the world I am insanely jealous of! :crying:

10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Congrats! I'm looking for ward to moving out of the house and into my own place come time for university (another year...) but I'm sure it'll be okay if I live vicariously through you...right?

-Aaron

11. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    sure Aaron :D however your bass playing may suck as bad as mine then!

12. Cool, congrats! I'd love to get outta here... Probably miss it when I'm gone though. Good luck!

13. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    That sounds like a nice place, congrats! I lived with my ex-gf and her friends for about 8 months, and then sh!t happened....regardless, that doesn't mean it's gonna happen to you guys! And yes, *cough* in every room of the house is a lot of fun. ;) Like BurningSkies said, make sure you both know each others' likes and dislikes, no partying unless it's a fairly small gathering of people you know, and when the neighbor knocks on the wall because your bass playing is too loud, just tell him to 'GO AROUND" :p

Oog :)

14. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Congrats! Welcome to the wild wild world of living in sin!
    :) :)

15. It's great, your all pumped and hyper and happy. Right now your boyfreind is posting on TalkMusclecar? going

"Ohh Myy Godddd!!!!!, I can't believe my girlfreind talked me into moving in with her. What am I going to Do!!!!!"

:D Just kidding, congrats.

16. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    Congrats! Get the money situation straight. Seperate bank accounts. Discuss how yer gonna divy up what before you make the move. Hate to be a downer but, as the song says. money changes everything. It sux when things go awry over trivial stuff that might have been hashed out before hand.

Having said that -- Hooray and invite us to all of your parties!!

17. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    yeah we are sorted with money, accounts and stuff :) I've lived away from home before so I'm ok with that.

FenderBender - yup! :hyper:

Dan - I'm looking forwad to it! :D

thanks people. If you're ever up in the North of England give me a shout!

18. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Now you can Do It morning, day, and night... 24/7.

19. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    :D

thats the thing though - if you can do it when you like you dont need to do it all the time!

Besides, I'm getting old... :D what makes you think I'm that rampant? :p

20. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Thought your sweetie might be. ;)