Soon to be LDS Custom

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Saetia, May 22, 2007.

1. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Uh, that's the idea. You want each DRIVER to get about the same, not each CAB.

2. asad137

asad137

Jan 18, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Physicist
    Yes, but each driver would get the same amount of power, just like in your 6x12.

Asad

3. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    4-6 weeks isn't bad IMO. I can wait that, I will want to gig it right away though lol... I'll need to let it break in first though.

I only got a short convo with Don today (talked about 20 minutes twice yesterday). So I'll try giving him a call tomorrow later in the day when he's in the shop.

I'm going to see what the shipping will cost but most likely will be coming into Detroit to pick it up because I really do want to meet Don and say thanks in person.

I'll let the Detroit TB contingent know and we can do the mini hang and power up the cab!!!

I'm probably going to bring the gui**** player with so we can switch off and such... maybe catch a hotel in detroit or something.

Anywho I'll keep you posted

Peace

-Benny

4. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    True, and the 25 watt difference per speaker in the 212 to the 412 wouldn't account for very much difference overall.

I guess I'd feel as though I was under powering them with only 150 and 175 watts per speaker, and I'm certain I'd run out of head room.

Hmmm, I guess more to talk to Don about.

Peace
    -Benny

5. Don's regular wait time isn't bad - 4-6 weeks like Burke said. The spray on finish can add an indefinite time to that because he doesn't do it himself and he doesn't have much control over how long it takes the company he outsources it to. It probably added at least 3 weeks to mine. Worth it though. That finish is great.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021