1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sooooooo FREAKIN LOUD!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Oct 5, 2008.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I'm shouting because I've just come home from playing through this beast.

34953bt.

125mg0o.

103ajw3.

w9h0kl.

34y4ne8.

dww4ci.

300sh37.

So what we have here is the brand new Matamp Eighty 8x10 and matching 4x10 (Forty?) in red tolex with stainless steel grill, the 8x10 is an 8x10 and not 2 4x10's with a single piece of wood between them they have ports internally for the sound to pass between the 2x10's same in the 4x10 except the 4x10 is also rear ported and the 8x10 is sealed so the 4x10 is as loud as the 8x10 and these things just cream my Ashdown ABM 8x10 and 2 EA CXL112's. I can't imagine anything louder than this or what the hell you would use it for.

The 8x10 has a switch on the back so it can be wired in stereo or mono so I'm using the Mesa 400+ into the 4x10 at 8ohms (The cab is switchable to 2ohms so it is an all round stand alone) which is slaved into the Mesa Strategy 400 where I send the left and right to the top and bottom of the 8x10 again at 8ohms each so the transformers aren't working hard at all :D

This was such an amazing tone and so FREAKIN LOUD I ended up unplugging it and just using the 8x10 and 400+ but the tone was just perfect I'm finally happy with my sound and I have all the headroom I'll ever need for the bigger shows.

I should be getting a 3u drawer for the rack sometime this week which will fill it except I just need like 1 1/2u rack blanking plates to fill the bit between the 400+ and the Strategy.

So yeah wanted to share and show off so expect this in all the Rigs of Doom etc threads :p

2. Thangfish

Thangfish ...overly qualified for janitorical deployment...

:eek:
    Holy crap!

I've been waiting to see this one.
    What drivers are in those?

3. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    absolutely beautiful.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses

woah

5. quigg

quigg

Jul 27, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    nice :bassist:

6. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Aaaaahhhhhh,... so what.

:D

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Custom Celestions made for Matamp

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    nice!

9. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    Um.... have fun paying for the tubes.... :bag:

:p

10. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    I would like to put a DB meter on my 810's and the SVT-410HLF they claim a 5 DB SPL difference with the 810's but I don't hear/feel it. The front ported 410 pushes megatons of air. You seem to be seeing the same effect. The difference I note is the 810 can take the amp wide open and the 410 can't; obviously more drivers. I think because of the SVT cabinet EVERYBODY copies it, where maybe a front ported design like two 410's with one flipped over might be a better setup. Your's is a cool looking setup. I love Rock and Roll, you can never have too much power or speakers. I was just looking at my rig and said to the wife, wonder where I'm going to put the 6 new speakers when they come? Looking at an 810... She says see that spot in the yard, you're building a studio right there. I think she's tired of dishes coming out of the cupboards and stuff. BOB

11. Rob L

Rob L Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Chilly ND
    Wow, that system has got to ROCK!!! :bassist:
    I hope you have some earplugs :D

12. nathanmcnathan

nathanmcnathan Banned

Jan 25, 2008
    Barrie, Ontario
    Nice, except for those tiny little speakers - get some 15s!

13. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

14. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Sweet.

How does your pedal board sound through it?

15. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    I tried the Matamp 2x15 and it was nice but not as bassy as these cabs

16. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I bet it's the "Foursey". :p

Awesome for sure. :bassist:

17. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    No idea that would be too much awesome for one day :D

Band board sound amazing through it and a Hellbaby driving my 100w Pa head sound sick as well. I just love they take everything I can throw at them.

18. Myth_103

Myth_103 Supporting Member

You purchase these badboys from Matamp? About how much would they run? weight? They really are beautiful.:)

19. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Nice rig but I'm guessing you guys don't use a P.A.?

20. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    The 8x10 is £1000 and the 4x10 is half that so £500 which considering they are hand built in the Uk makes them cheaper than the Berg NV series, Mesa, Aguilar and Ampeg hell pretty much all the big manufacturers. They really are the best thing I've heard I wished I'd have known about the 4x10 before I got my EA NM410 at more than double the cost.

Weight I've not checked but I think the 8x10 is about 60kgs or at least thats what he said it's probably more but if you want an 8x10 weight should be the last concern you have ;)