1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sophia Electric Tube Amplifier

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by khedspeth, Apr 19, 2009.

1. http://www.sophiaelectric.com/pages/amp/ampbaby.htm

It is missing the nameplate but other than that, its in good cosmetic and working order. I used this in my office but no longer need it. How about $260 shipped, I need to buy a new precision neck. Pictures were taken with my phone, I can take better if needed.

2. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Does this need a pre-amp? Can you plug a CD player right into it?
    Thanks

3. has a built in preamp. Knob on front is volume. I used it from a DAC on my computer, a CD player and my iPod. Also used it on a couple of occasions as a bass amp for practicing in my office.

4. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Are the tubes easily replaced?

5. Physically, they pop right out. I currently have them out and in individual boxes for shipping. Easy to obtain, shouldn't be a problem. I actually looked into getting a spare set when I purchased it and had several options to choose from but figured i'd wait until they were needed if ever.

6. Neat! Wish I had an excuse to buy this, but I only have active speaker systems.
    Good price too.

7. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    I'm definitley interested, would you be willing to ship to Canada?

8. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

That is cool, interested in trades?

9. really need to sale it to fund a neck but if I can't sale it...i'll look at trading. what you got?

10. price drop