Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sore fingers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Groovski, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Groovski

Groovski

Sep 20, 2002
    My happy place
    I recently (3 months ago) got a standup and have been playing it all most exclusivly, Since I haven't been playing my electric on a regular basis, playing the 4 1/2 hour gig last night has my index finger pretty sore. we are a jam band and I have another 4 1/2 hours tonight. Any suggestion to help the sore finger?

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I've been having a similar problem. I was usually one to play for about an hour, then take a break. But since I've been enlisted in my uncle's band, 4 1/2 hours seems pretty regular. The only advice I have is GET USE TO IT! :D It sucks, but what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger... or give you carpel tunnel syndrome.

3. carpel tunnel definately sucks. i have it, and had it before i even started bass. playing for an hour makes my wrists in agony, and im probably gonna need surgery by the time im 20, but im gonna stop complaining now.

4. Groovski

Groovski

Sep 20, 2002
    My happy place
    Well I was talking about the tips of my fingers. Anyway, I put a load of superglue on the raw spot, I could still feel alittle soreness but it wasn't like a pin sticking in my finger. I guess I am going to have to practic on both the upright and the electric every night from now on. Thanks for the reply guy. :D