Sorority/Fraternity formal playlist help

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Keeshman556, Nov 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Keeshman556

Keeshman556

Aug 16, 2016
    Hey guys/gals,

I'm in a college band that has been playing for about a year or so doing various gigs such as bars, frat philanthropies, and some solo gigs including the white house. We have some gigs scheduled coming up in the next few months that are for the frat and srat formals and can last 3-4 hours long. I was coming to you guys for some help on shaking up the setlist some. Instrumentation is bass, guitar, vox, 1-2 keyboards and drums/percussion. We play all types of music from maroon 5 to paramore to nina simone. We always try to do covers with our own flavor. Any help is appreciated.

2. beaglesandbass

beaglesandbass Think first, then post? Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    You've played bars, take a lot of those songs and use them. Stick to what's gonna keep people dancing. Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Beyoncé, Pitbull, etc. Than chainsmokers/halsey song Closer is dominating the charts right now. It's a bit slower but it'll have people singing and dancing.

College age girls love throwbacks like N Sync, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, etc.

Don't forget about the oldies. We do a runaround sue/twist and shout/do you love me/shout mashup that kills.

Then since it's a formal event, learn some Michael Buble, John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Sinatra, Jack Johnson for slow songs.

If you need suggestions go see other bands at bars and see what they're playing.

3. slayer-logo.jpg

DirtDog likes this.