1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sorry about the downtime :(

Discussion in 'TalkBass.com News & Announcements' started by paul, Jul 29, 2005.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Sorry for the 1-2 hours of downtime. My datacenter had one of those 'doh!' moments this evening - they assigned our IP address to a different server or something so all requests to the talkbass.com domain were routed to a different server. Nothing was lost, no security was comprimised. Somebody's going to get an earful from me... :(

2. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    i bet...i just became a supporting member, was getting my avatar and such up, and wham!!!
    :eek::bawl:i didn't mean to break it...honest!
    don't hate me, paul...

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I thought everyone ran away :bawl: Glad to see things are back to normal. :hyper: :bassist:

4. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Did anybody else feel an emptyness for a while tonight??? I even resorted to playing guitar :( and then I went outside :eek:

I need my Talkbass :crying:

5. I was able to get to talkbass from a Jens Ritter interview site this morning. If I type in www.talkbass.com right now I still get "there is no website configured at this address". Anyone still have a problem?

6. AB53211

AB53211

Apr 15, 2004
    Milwaukee,WI
    i can't view the home page either