Sorry, but I'm getting real excited...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NewWaveBasser, Jan 27, 2002.

1. ...not so long ago I complained about my band having a missing drummer...

...turns out he officialy ain't coming back...

As soon as me and the guitarist/composer (he does not have a big ego, WOW!) put the want ads came this young fella and boom three days jamming and the guy fits in, he's good, he's ambitious, plus he is PSYCHED with the songs. For the first time three straight days of band practice since I joined last August (?) Me... my fingers are now just cruising over that fretboard.

Search over and all of a sudden a demo CD to be made (I will post the tracks here if that were to materialze heheh...came up with some nice lines) and even possible gigs next month!!!!

OK, slap me like that E-string!

And the bonus: I'm just fooling on the Net; I get into Fender's basstreet webpage and...

There: one a black and white John Paul Jones photo and another with Sting. I look at the pictures and I get the chills...

'cause for some reason I see myself there... yeah I'm looking down at my bass and playing and I'm the coolest ------- on earth! No I don't play at their level, but you identify. That some powerful -----!!

OK maybe this state of good is temporary but if I get to play live....oh boy I'm coming... and the ladies y'all throw your underwear with your phone numb...

uh nevermind...

(god pleaaaassseeee make this work pleasepleaseplease!!!!)
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Congrats!!!!! I's always GREAT to be in a band w/other musicians that are equally as psyched to play as you!!!!

You have a better chance of running w/the Bulls & <b><u>WINNING</b></u>. :D But it's fun trying to make that dream come true. :)
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i kinda relate... my last band was finished after the death of the guitarist (RIP) but like in 3 weeks after i stumbled with a drummer that i talked to months ago but never got into him... so we chatted some time and the next weekend i was in his band!

i already saw him play at one of my last bands rehearsal, now that i practice with him he's so damn cool, he knows all of his theory and timmings and also he's actually a nice/polite kind of person.

also he's totally excited about my playing abilities, so does the guitarist on the band... i mean there are not so many "good" bassists around this town :D...
  4. Oraleeeee compadreeeee...

Oh bass came from...there!

Anyway, I do realize that things could go any which way so I hope for the best but prepare for the worst just in case.

Oh, the ladies thing was just kiddin'...when one of the influences of the band is Radiohead you know that is out of the question... but then if I play I play and that's it... and might as well leave that other philosophy to Gene Simmons...
  5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Isn't it great when every part is contibuting? Just communicate with each other. Don't let the energy die off. It's all about gaining and maintaining momentum.
  6. Would you be interested in sending a half decent drummer my way???
  7. Isnt it great to get that spark again? A few weeks ago, my favorite band asked me to play rhythm guitar for them. Not only am I their biggest fan, but they are my best friends. Hope your luck continues.