Sorry Kiddies.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by popinfresh, Nov 1, 2005.

1. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    So, two nights ago my mum came in and told me it was Halloween (we don't really do it over here, so I had no clue) and that she'd bought some chocolate/'candy' in case any kids came around.

Well, no one did. So me and my girlfriend ended up eating all the chocolate etc whilst we watched a couple movies.

Last night mum went out and when I was watching TV I heard a few kids come to the front door and knock. I open it and....
    'Trick or treat!'.
    Me: ***?

Unfortunantly, mum forgot Halloween was yesterday (i'm in Aus, and a day ahead of you guys) and we didn't have anything left for the kids.
    Needless to say, after a few more kids came around (more than usual) it now looks like i'm not so popular with the youngin's.

Anyone else have any stories/spam?
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Um... I gave a piece of candy to a pirate this evening. Upon handing the snickers to him I said "ahoy! have a candy bAARRRR"

He ran away.
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    A few years ago I was Trick or Treating and came up to my old house I had just moved out of. A British guy just moved in a week or two prior, and because the light was on, my brother and I rang the doorbell and boy did he look puzzled.

We explained it to him that he should shut off the light if he wasn't expecting Trick-or-treaters and he gave us cracker jack's from his kitchen.
  4. if you don't give 'em no sweets, they're supposed to 'trick' you right?
  5. i bought chocolate......and i ate it
  6. That's the funniest thing I've seen all day. Well yesterday, it's 1 AM, stupid history assignment...
  7. Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    +1 :)
  8. Trick or treat is something we didn't see here in Belgium until a few years ago. 2 years ago we had 1 group. 1 year ago, 1. This year: 4 :eek: Darn television...

edit: and they ate all my candy :mad:
  9. I was a pirate and said the exact same thing... but I live in a parallel universe called canada. Mine was a smarties bar though.

well kinda the same thing. more I have a candy barrr.

I was also given rum because I looked like cpt. morgan.
  10. In college, Haloween means "4 straight nights of costume parties!!!" It was awesome. Ohh, and the girls all dress up really skanky; it's great. :)

And speaking of pirates, at a party a pirate told me that she'd lost her dagger and hat, and that I should help her find them. I didn't find the hat, but I found the dagger. I couldn't find the pirate though, so now I have a plastic dagger in my room that says "pirate" on the hilt.
  11. put up posters and when she comes to claim it, ask her for a date
  12. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i think that the number of girls aged 17-22 who dressed up as a playboy bunny is in the millions.
  13. +1. Kids can go trick or treat over in the states :mad:
  14. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

what countries was halloween originally practiced in?

catholic ones?

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Heck 15-19 more like it.

The trend I noticed in high school was not so much dressing up as any specifically sexual character, but rather taking any not normally sexual character and being 'the sexy' version.

"the sexy" devil
    "the sexy" vampire
    "the sexy" plumber

16. good crack
  17. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Crack kills.
  18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    It started out in Ireland as a harvest festival and was mixed in with Roman, then Catholic traditions.

The Catholic part was really just the church trying to squash it by placing their own holidays on the same day. The Roman part deals with giving out treats, the Irish part is the date, and the living dead thing.
  19. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, similarly with christmas.

australia is historically protestant... but then again, so is the US!

so why do we have it and not them!? (that is, before recently.)
  20. Australia is historically Anglican actually.