1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sorry to start ANOTHER thread, but... this is odd.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Radical Edward, Mar 24, 2010.

1. I just received spam via text message. I've never heard of anyone receiving spam via text message and I was wondering if anyone else has had that happen to them... ? I'm on the National Do not call list and it's really odd.

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Was it from KeithBMI?

3. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    Yep,it's happened to me quite a few times.

4. It said, "DO YOU HAVE $10K+ IN CREDIT CARD DEBT? WE can CUT your DEBT by over 50 percent! Reply "YES" NOW TO RECEIVE OUR HELP.
    (cuturdebt.com-optout,reply:oops:ut)"

I don't think it was him.

5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Look at the very bottom, in the small print. It should say:

"when you gonna let me tap that?"

That's a sure sign it's him.

6. Lol. Nope. not there. I've never given him my phone number, anyway. I don't think I'd give to any of the [DEL]wolves[/DEL] people on TB, anyway. It's best to keep things like that to yourself, eh? ;)

7. [DEL]Yep, that's Keith. I get them once in a while, which I'm not too upset about, because they're a nice break from all of the "you look pretty when you sleep" texts. [/DEL]

8. it happens to me ll the time! no one cares about the list here :mad:

9. That's against the law. I used to be a telemarketer and I know the rules and stuff about it, because I had to. If someone calls a potential customer, regardless if they have no control over what numbers their boss gives them to call, and it's on the DNC list, that individual can be fined $2,000 for every time they call after the first time. They're allowed 1 time, even if you're on the list, because sometimes telemarketing companies run old numbers because they don't want to buy new ones.

10. Oh that's [DEL]so true[/DEL] just wrong.

11. [DEL]You were a telemarketer in India?[/DEL]

12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    That would have been 10times funnier if I didnt have to read it thru the Strikthrough.

13. [DEL]deal with it[/DEL]

14. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Its ok Mika, you can [del]get a rise out of me[/del] start a thread anytime, hun. ;)

15. No, but I can't imagine the laws are much different. They may be, though... and it's sad if they are.

16. Define, "Get a rise out of you". o_O
    :eyebrow:

17. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    It might be best if I didnt...

18. Ahahahahahaha.. I'm gonna watch some Stephen Colbert and I'll be back shortly to see where this insanity has gone.

19. i dont know if its against the law here but i get spam from ordinary personal phone numbers at times too. and besides that i wonder how they got my number because this is a new number which i switched to some time back and i havent really given it away much it hink

20. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    varun, Maybe the personal numbers arent spamming you, but that your new number once belonged to someone else, and they are trying to text that person. Most time phone companies recycle unused numbers. I bought my ex-wife a phone back in the day, and she'd get calls from the phone company saying she owed $800, but it was in MY name and they were looking for someone named Robert Something.

What kind of spam from personal numbers are you getting?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020