Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sort of a problem

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by alecmcmahon, Dec 14, 2001.

1. i know this is a little off topic but, i have to try to ask though.

i have a tascam portastudio 424 mkII, and well it just stopped working. i left it on the table, went up stairs, when i came back, there was no lights or text on the screen or buttons, nobody was down there to touch it..

it seemed to me that there was no power going through it till i took off the cover and when i put on the power, the LCD screen lit up a tiny bit.. but didnt actully turn on.

anybody have a clue?

2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i know nothing about tascam stuff,but is it the batteries.Do batteries even go into the thing?just guessing.try a few different outlets in your house.It may just be the outlet.if those 2 dont work then...

maybe someone else can help u on here

contact tascam and ask for a refund

go to the place you bought it and ask if they can fix it,but if you bought it online then contact the website,or ask your local shop to check the thing out.

Whoa that was one hell of a run-on sentence!

3. i would return it, but its not mine, thats the problem... i dunno about batteries.. are they even in there?? uhhmm, HELPPPPPP

4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    ummm the battery thing im talking about normal engergizer bunny batteries.there should be da normal opening for batteries...know what i mean?and whose is it?if its broke,well then your totally screwed.good luck.

ps-u could always say you never borrowed it...:eek:

5. well i looked, and there isnt anywere were u would put in a battery....... a fuse mabe??? what would cause it just to light up a tiny bit..damn!!!! I MUST FIX THIS!

6. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    maybe this will help...

in my amp that broke:)( )my dad guessed there was a burnt fuse so we checked.and well enough there was a broken fuse.so me and my dad took a trip to radio shack,and bought a new fuse.when we put it in,and flipped the switch it turned on for 10 seconds.well unfortuanetly thats the longest it went.the death of my amp :( .

The lesson of the story is that you should try a new fuse.If there even are fuses in tascam recording stuff?

Before you try to mess with fuses,ask your parents if they know how to do it.YOU DONT WANT TO MESS UP WITH ELECTRICITY!