1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sort of NBD 70's Fretless Precision build.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by godofthunder59, Mar 14, 2013.

1. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    Well it's raining P basses here this week. I have been working on this for a while a tribute to my late great bass teacher Joe Noto of Rochester NY. Back in the 70's when I took lessons from him he had a beautiful sunburst/ maple fretless P bass. It took a few trys but I found a great '77 neck on ebay, The thing is super clean! The body is a Fender 2012 "70s" P bass body. I have the bass strung up, wrong pg and not wired but it plays and sounds great, I can't wait till its finished! maplefretlessPbass005. maplefretlessPbass004. maplefretlessPbass003. maplefretlessPbass002. maplefretlessPbass001.

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Beautiful love that neck congrats.

3. Wow, yeah. I *really* want a maple fretless.

4. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    POW!!
    That looks great GOT59, congrats!

5. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    All wired up, CTS Pots, switch craft jack, .047 orange drop. Sounds and plays fantastic! I am still waiting on the correct pg and the pickup is a old 70's Ibanez I had lying around. At some point I'll get a vintage pup or put a '62 RI in it. I drilled the holes for the bridge cover even though I won't be putting it on, just didn't look right without the holes ;) 70sfretlessFenderPrecision001.